How to Draw a Bunny - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How to Draw a Bunny Reviews

May 17, 2008
Well directed doc that enhances the mystery behind this enigmatic figure.
May 14, 2008
With any biographical documentary, it is difficult to truly capture the beauty and uniqueness of the subject without dehumanizing them or alienating the audience by placing them on too daunting a pedestal. But this piece succeeds in its dissection of Ray Johnson by combining an in depth analysis of the emotional and intellectual nature of his work and the many relationships he nurtured throughout his life.
½ April 14, 2008
Every little thing you do could be art.
½ April 8, 2008
Ray Johnson was a brilliant artist who not only made important collages, but led an extremely artistic life full of enigma and exploration.
½ March 17, 2008
lovely and satisfying
March 14, 2008
This was recommended by another artist friend of mine. Inspiring + creative, this portrait of Ray Johnson reminds us of the best part of living life as an artist...remember to do what you want in life, and to always love what you are doing.
March 5, 2008
interesting documentary of a complicated artist Ray Johnson.
February 25, 2008
Own it, but haven't watched it. I love his work, and my dad was friends with him, so I'm pretty obligated to watch this.
February 18, 2008
Couldn't sit through it. I appreciate biographical films specifically about artists however this one I couldn't take, it was maddening!
February 8, 2008
An unfairly little known pop collage/performance artist, Ray Johnson is innovative and inspiring to say the least! This film (if it's possible) does justice to his amazing work, as well as in the telling of his life, and ultimately, his death. A must see for any aspiring artist! This film will change how you look at your world...
February 7, 2008
artistically the most inspiring film for my own work. beautiful and sad, i have gained alot from the this glimpse into the life of ray johnson
February 5, 2008
great documentary...ray Johnson was and is a fascinating individual.
January 20, 2008
If you're suffering from any sort of artistic blockage, Ray Johnson's story might snap you right out of it. I've never met anyone who upon viewing this film could claim anything different. This is just a well-crafted documentary too-- Johnson's story is not easy to tell and is directed by Detroit-native filmmaker John W. Walter; Thurston Moore scores the film and Frances Beatty VP of the Richard Feigen Co. will leave you absolutely mind-boggled with the absurdity of consumption and art.
January 13, 2008
The story of Ray Johnson, the most famous unknown artist in America. Very interesting movie, but the real meat of the movie is the subtext. Ray Johnson understood our societal conventions and loved to make fun of and play with them. He confused even his closest friends. No one ever knew the real Ray Johnson. I don?t think everyone will like this movie. I found it very interesting and though provoking.
December 18, 2007
Fascinating portrait of a fascinating artist. This film inspired me to start working on my own art again.
December 12, 2007
A well thought out doc drawing an enigmatic portrait of a man as guided by an enigmatic hand from beyond the grave. Thought provoking.
December 8, 2007
ray johnson was way cooler than andy warhol.
November 29, 2007
I love art and documentaries so this was right up my alley. This portrait was very interesting, inspiring, and made me think.
November 29, 2007
Great account of an artist who cared more about getting his message out. A very unique look into such a unique individual who goes overlooked by many until now.
½ October 30, 2007
It could be shortened to about 30 minutes, cutting out the music and Ken Burns effects.