How to Kill Your Neighbor's Dog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How to Kill Your Neighbor's Dog Reviews

September 27, 2016
This is that type of arthaus film most actors, actresses, & directors want to do at least once in their career. Which actually includes nearly half of Branagh's work.
January 13, 2016
it starts very slow, eventually it is good.
November 25, 2014
Well written, well performed, not just a smash chase catch piece of hollywood crap.
September 16, 2014
Kenneth Branagh's energetic sweet-and-sour performance as a curmudgeonly British playwright grounds this overstuffed, erratic dramedy in which he and his improbably forbearing wife contend with craziness and child-rearing in Los Angeles.
August 12, 2013
One of my favs, and a look at what living with me might be like if ever i find someone.
March 18, 2013
Lines and Ken's performance are entertaining.
October 14, 2012
I've had this sitting in my dvd collection for a long time but did not know what the hell it was (I got it free from a newspaper)

Anyway, I put it on to give it a bash and I'm glad I did because it was ace.

Kenneth Branagh is very funny in this , the wee girl in it was also ace as is the rest of the cast. Very funny and touching, bittersweet and feelgood.
½ September 24, 2012
Contains several funny scenes
½ August 10, 2012
I really like Kenneth Branaugh, but I really didn't like this movie.
½ June 16, 2012
Com alguns bons momentos, destaca-se Kenneth Branagh com piadas deliciosas e sensibilidade com uma criança especial.
March 24, 2012
Breath of fresh air with realistic scenarios and comedy.
½ January 14, 2012
Rather a weird comedy, and I suspect many folks wouldn't like it, but we find it funny and poignant. Give it a try if you enjoy the unusual.
½ August 28, 2011
Hilarious, extremely clever, Kenneth Branagh is awesome, and the film's got heart.
½ August 18, 2011
A light-hearted comedy about a successful English playwright who lives in Los Angeles. This was better than I thought it would be and actually has some clever dialogue and humor, check it out.
½ July 17, 2011
This was a rather mediocre film. It was very slowpaced and I feel like it was holding out on its full potential. It was a different role for Branagh who steps out of his usual theatrical role and he was quite good.
April 7, 2011
Though I didn't like it all when I saw it when it came out, I was only eight years old, and my threshold for cynicism, low though it is now, was practically non-existent then. This is a clever movie, good for quite a few laughs.
½ March 15, 2011
I really enjoyed this formulaic movie. The dialogue was fast, tart, and funny and the performances were stellar.
March 8, 2011
HOW TO KILL YOUR NEIGHBOURS DOG [2000]: A troubled and once great English play write Peter Mc Grow is having trouble composing his next play in L.A. The amusingly synclinal Peter must deal with a wife who wants a child, a neighbour's kid who keeps bothering him and a barking neighbour's dog. This movie had a lot of potential but ended up being a typical semimetal film with a shred of originality before doing downhill in a clichéd script, my rating is 60% for a good start and a unique title but other than that it's a passable comedy.
½ February 21, 2011
Fantastic! I'm difficult to please in the cinema because I like my stories edgy, my dialogue realistic and witty, and my characters fascinating. But this hit all three-- I could not take my eyes off the screen, and I found myself gleefully laughing throughout. You'll love this movie if you're into flawed heroes, intelligent humour and quirk-a-licious plotline.
½ January 28, 2011
Really really good movie!! Very funny and touching, one of Kenneth Branagh's best :D