How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days Reviews

October 16, 2015
It's definitely a cheesy movie with a corny storyline but it's a chick flick and it has Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey in it so I still love it
September 9, 2015
It was better than I thought it was going to be. I am not a big fan of either so I didn't really now what to expect. But it was funny and I had a good laugh.
½ August 28, 2015
Good because the both of them made a bet with their friends , and they don't know that from each other , but we the viewers do , some fun stuff offcourse . SOMDVD
½ August 24, 2015
Funny never before seen story
August 19, 2015
a very awesome movie
August 2, 2015
One to watch with the other half. Nice film, nice story.
June 28, 2015
Even with the chemistry between Hudson and McConaughey,the script never gives this movie a chance.
½ May 19, 2015
Great chemistry between McConaughey and Hudson make the film easy to watch and charming to enjoy.
April 22, 2015
Absolutely love this movie.

Kate Hudson played Andie Anderson a writer with great ambition who works for a women's magazine who has to write an article on how to lose a guy in 10 days.

The slight problem is the guy she has picked is trying to win a pitch at his job and he has to make a girl fall in love with him in 10 days.

The movie has me laughing from start to end. It is very well written and you get to see the games each plays. Will Andie get her perfect article? Will Benjamin get his pitch for the delauer diamond company? Watch and you will find out :)
April 16, 2015
It was ok i guess...*does 'so so' gesture with the hand* eeeeh? Good thing I didn't see it in a theatre.
The acting was all right, but halfway through the film I forgot who was doing what or for what reason. Found the premise of the story a bit cheezy.
If there is nothing else on TV might as well watch this.
(I didnt understand, if she wanted to write about politics and religion why was she working for a fashion magazine? )
April 1, 2015
An entertaining romantic comedy and Kate Hudson is a treat with engaging comic flair.
½ March 9, 2015
She (Kate Hudson) is a columnist who has an assignment to act crazy to drive away a suitor within 10 days. He (Matthew McConaughey) is an advertising rep who, to win a big contract at work, has to get a woman to fall in love with him within 10 days. Neither knows what the other's agenda is. The result is that she has to act like an insensitive, clingy, whiny, selfish jerk while he has to act like an ultra-understanding, tolerant gentleman. Her motivation is mean-spirited; his is simply impossible to believe. The result is a predictable and nasty courtship. There _is_ some chemistry between the leads, and one sequence where he introduces her to his family, is quite nice. But overall, I was underwhelmed. I gather women like this movie much more than men.
½ March 8, 2015
One of those chick flicks that everybody can find enjoyable.

3/7/15
February 21, 2015
Not going to lie, I would have been happier - much happier - had they remained ruthless (which is entertaining), or heck, never even gotten together (because that's the realistic route) - but considering this is a rom-com, I suppose I knew what I was getting myself into. It's cute at the end, which is what makes me give this an extra 0.5 star ... but that's it, really. Otherwise, it's quite meh.
February 6, 2015
I don't usually like typical romcoms. i prefer mine with a bit more bite or a few twists along the way, and this fits the bill. both parties here have a secret agenda, and they have to overcome the false premises under which they started dating to be a real couple. not all THAT original, but at least it's not sappy.
½ January 28, 2015
Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey are a great pair but the movie around them is awful. Full review later.
½ December 30, 2014
Now, I like a good romantic comedy- Silver Linings Playbook, While You Were Sleeping- But THIS made me want to shoot myself in the head five minutes in. Most boring, insipid, cliched piece of trash I've ever had the displeasure of being forced to sit through.
December 28, 2014
Classic Rom-com of my generation and the Matthew McConaughey rom-com period. Not much there in the "com" part but a likable story overall.
December 7, 2014
A charming and funny movie, worth a good watch. 64/100
December 6, 2014
You can't lose something you never had