How to Lose Friends & Alienate People - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How to Lose Friends & Alienate People Reviews

½ September 12, 2016
Pretty lame and boring and obviously predictable. I only laughed once, rest of it was stupid. I even felt sorry for the cast. Waste of time, novel could be good though.
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Didn't think it would be any good but it was brilliant and really funny, Just shows Simon Pegg can make anything funny.
June 11, 2016
Not an awful movie but still pretty bad. Very forgettable.
½ March 9, 2016
The cast includes Simon Pegg, Jeff Bridges, Gillian Anderson, Miriam Margolyes, Chris O'Dowd,and an impressive comic turn by Ms. Megan Fox.
The plot is predictable, but you never know what might come around the next bend. Sort of shakes things up a little.
½ February 1, 2016
Dunno why Simon Pegg appears to be so irritating in every Hollywood movie he's in.
October 4, 2015
Simon Pegg seems out of place in this movie. His charm never really get's the opportunity to shine through. Starts off funny, meanders a little bit, couple of sprigs of slapstick to keep you confused, then devolves into a life-less, generic rom-com. Not the worst thing in the world, but if you never see it I'm sure your life will turn out fine.
½ September 19, 2015
This not a bad movie one of Simon Peggs better films.Quite funny and I loved Kirsten Dunst she's the best.Check this film out if you love Simon Peggy.
September 8, 2015
It's a good, entertaining watch thanks to Simon Pegg who brings his A game and completely steals the show with his antics.
½ September 2, 2015
Simon Pegg is reliable as always, Jeff Bridges is Jeff Bridges and the tone is distinctly one you'd expect from a Pegg film but Kirsten Dunst is the one who shines here.
½ January 22, 2015
It follows the rom-com formula more than I think it should, but it has a lot of genuine laughs, terrific performances (even Megan Fox plays her role well), and good chemistry between Pegg and Dunst.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Simon Pegg delivers yet another solid movie. I have him already as one my fav comedy actors and i always enjoy his movies. In this movie he plays a writer/ournalist with a goal to be in the highlight. There are a bunch of famous actors in this flick aswell like Jeff Bridges , Kirsten Dunst and Gillian Anderson.. Everything is well made from story to acting and of course a great amount of good comedy. Enjoy
½ September 16, 2014
One of the wrost films I've ever watched.
½ July 28, 2014
Worth it for Simon Pegg's dancing alone.
July 20, 2014
Quirky in that Simon Pegg way, until the cliched ending. Seeing Sidney make a fool of himself can be fun, but at times it can also be painful to watch. When he has a hint of ethical behavior, the moment is soon lost, until at the very end when it devolves into all too familiar romantic comedy territory as Sidney realises he should be true to himself and go after the girl.
July 19, 2014
A (romantic?) comedy that I did not find all that amusing, however there was some chemistry between Pegg and Dunst, and the divinely gorgeous Megan Fox brightens the landscape of any movie. Jeff Bridges was terrible here, and I didn't much care for Gillian Anderson's character either. Barely worth a watch.
½ June 18, 2014
I actually liked this movie and even though at first I disliked Simon Pegg's character, I ended up liking him in the end. It had some fun moments as well as some great actors.
June 5, 2014
Good movie. Funny, smart, good performance from Pegg. Not as satirical as it could/should be, but still funny.
½ June 4, 2014
A highly enjoyable film about the fake people who thrive in Hollywood and those who work around them. There is plenty of humor and social commentary throughout this fun and original film. Simon Pegg is excellent as Sidney Young, the witty, self-concerned journalist. Kirsten Dunst, Jeff Bridges and Megan Fox all fall into place and fit their respective roles.

"How to Lose Friends & Alienate People," is an enjoyable and sarcastic look at the world of show business.
May 19, 2014
nothing out of this world amazing..but it was funny and enjoyable.
April 27, 2014
I love Simon Pegg. He cracks me up and this movie is little more on the serious side but uber funny none the less.