Hudson Hawk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hudson Hawk Reviews

October 15, 2014
Not For the faint of hearts... or for the stupids who always look for deeper meanings of entertainment... This movie is fun through and through... My second most favorite Bruce Willis film... :)
½ September 30, 2014
Without doubt the biggest ego trip by one actor I've ever seen.....shame on you Bruce.
September 12, 2014
This is a fantastic fun film. Ignore all the bad reviews there is hardly a bad moment in this film. Bruce Willis is at his humorous best - think Moonlighting. It is stupidly funny and all of the characters are loveable. Ally McDowall's dolphin impersonation is worth waiting for. Although all the critics hated this remarkably the renowned critic Dr. Mark Kermode loved it. That in itself is good enough for me.
September 7, 2014
Loved this movie... damn the critics!
July 27, 2014
One of Bruce Willis best films
July 22, 2014
There's a certain likability towards some of the humor in this film, but it consistently stays infantile and the characters are never more than one-dimensional and almost always feel insignificant.
½ July 18, 2014
This is movie is so awful that its great
½ July 11, 2014
this movie is fun to watch, don't take it seriously, don't expect it to change your life, don't study it, just enjoy it with friends
June 22, 2014
It's so bad it's worth watching.
½ May 28, 2014
Though this 1991 comedy dishes out a few laughs, Hudson Hawk is forgettable due to its boring script and incompetent acting.
½ May 24, 2014
5/23/2014: Not a great movie, but I love it. It's pretty goofy and the actors seem to know it so they have fun.
April 28, 2014
Directed by Michael Lehmann, who at the time was hot off the success of Heathers (1989), this action-comedy caper was co-conceived by it's star, who was able to get Die Hard producer Joel Silver to make it. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but Silver was soon wishing he had passed it on, and despite it's reputation as a notorious flop, there is quite a bit to admire in it. Eddie Hawkins (Bruce Willis), has just been released from jail after a long stint, he's a master thief known as Hudson Hawk. As soon as he's released from prison, Hudson finds himself being blackmailed by the Mafia and the CIA into doing a dangerous art heist with his old partner in crime Tommy "Five-Tone" Messina (Danny Aiello). They head to Rome where they're to steal crystals which are inside some of Da Vinci's works, but they soon find out what they're needed for, and it's all part of a plan by Darwin Mayflower (Richard E. Grant) and his wife Minerva (Sandra Bernhard), who are also in cahoots with CIA Chief George Kaplan (James Coburn). The tone and structure of the film comes across like a Blake Edwards film on acid, not much of it seems to make much sense, and it didn't help that it had a troubled production. But, it's a film which isn't sure what it wants to be, but it does have some good set pieces and a great cast. Oh, and look out for Fred Elliott from Corrie.
April 28, 2014
Hudson Hawk is a fun action-comedy. If you want light entertainment, this is your movie.
½ March 4, 2014
An outrageously entertaining and incredibly silly adventure filled with big laughs, action and charm. A wonderfully enjoyable and inventive comedy that you cant resist. Bruce Willis is fantastic, he is a real blast of humor, style, charm and great talent that he just had to show off in this film, especially in his scenes with Andi MacDowell and Danny Aiello. This movie is sheer comic gold that I don't think has been seen since the days of Pete Selllars.
½ February 18, 2014
You know what I've identified from the critics who don't like this movie...You all dress funny and vou est a tosser. Ever hear about the skill of suspending reality and comedy? Every critic with facial hair resembling a goatee and the rest of you with nerdy (in a weird way) haircuts just do not get the magical quality of this film. That or you're closet homosexuals who secretly love Bruce and can't admit it. I'm straight and the guy trips my trigger. Just be honest, you just didn't read about this type of movie in your "Intro to Film" class and you are utterly confused. It's OK, just don't post any more of your negativity here. You utterly suck.
½ February 7, 2014
This film is so awful that I am actually enjoying it a great deal
January 5, 2014
Villains, production design, costumes etc were a bit cartoonish for my liking but Willis was great as always and as far as Bond parodies go I still preferred it to Skyfall
January 3, 2014
It's ludicrous, over the top and nonsensical, but I would be lying if I said I didn't laugh a lot. It has a sort of Austin Powers feel to it and if nothing else, audacious in its uniqueness.
December 28, 2013
It started off interesting enough, but once it got going it got more and more ridiculous until it was barely watchable. (First and only viewing - 6/29/2013)
½ December 27, 2013
A film that's so bad it's awful, Hudson Hawk lives up to every bit of its infamous reputation. The story is terrible from start to finish, and is convoluted beyond comprehension. There's not a decent performance from the cast, and the comedy is abysmal; as not one joke lands. Hudson Hawk tries to be an action film spoof, but it's completely incompetent. Given what an atrocity this film is, it's hard to believe that Bruce Willis's career survived it.