The Human Centipede (First Sequence) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Human Centipede (First Sequence) Reviews

½ March 26, 2016
This movie was a waste of my time. No scary at all, and no suspense. There is also no sound effects to build up tension. When the surgeon finally confronts the detectives, there were no good fights, they died not becuuse how good hte villain was, but how bad the heros are. And of course, everyone had horrific acting skills!
March 22, 2016
A silly and creative bit of schlock that managed to become a cultural meme, thus working its way to people who would never appreciate it in any way. It's not to be taken seriously. In fact, it's quite hilarious at times. Worth a watch for serious horror fans, but not really for anyone else.
½ March 20, 2016
Complete, yet surprisingly self-assured, garbage. If you're not turned off by the disgustingly bankrupt premise, you'll definitely wonder how the movie could be so boring despite it. Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and definitely the best way you can kiss your free time good-bye. Heck, I wouldn't have finished it if I didn't have a bro to help!
½ March 15, 2016
worse movie I've ever seen
½ February 22, 2016
Filme horrivel, nojento, sem mais...
½ February 5, 2016
Well...this happened.
January 17, 2016
Watching The Human Centipede I continually kept finding the same question cropping up, that question wasn't why am I watching this, it was what is the point behind all of this? The hilariously named Tom Six, crafts a horror, which he claims is influence by Pasolini and other film makers of that era and ilk, the problem is that unlike a director who can take gratuitous violence and use it in an ingenious way to portray the horror of a smart subject matter, Six takes the route of glorified sadist, with a film that has no reason, no message and makes no sense what so ever. When American friends Lindsay and Jenny brake down in the German wilderness, they happen to stumble upon an insane retired surgeon, who drugs them and decides to use the girls as part of a project to connect 3 people together, ass to mouth, in order to create a centipede. There you go folks, that's your film, that is the story, nothing else, there is no higher meaning, no subtext, no meat on this bone. The script is hilariously shallow, with horrendous dialogue, made worse by subtitles, but then again what were you expecting from a man who comes up with a story quite like this? What pains the most here is the fact that not only does the film look pretty impressive visually at times, not only is the lead character actually outstanding, not only does Six craft occasional moments of tension, the biggest criminal of all rests in the fact that The Human Centipede is neither scary nor the most revolting film that exists. The only thing that Six wants to strive for and he cant manage it, leaving causal viewers disgusted but anyone who actually witnessed say Salo: 120 Day Of Sodom, slightly bored by proceedings. Centipede doesnt offend on moral terms, more on outright stupidity and its existence based solely to shock. There are occasional flurries of something sound here, however their inclusion only pains knowing that if Six could get away from being an idiot, he might actually be able to craft an acceptable horror film. It's by no means the most vile or disturbing film you will ever watch, its by no means good and it really has little to offer, which is a shame because Dieter Laser's performance and the cinematography are what horror films were made for.
½ January 13, 2016
If you can get around the rather sick premise to the movie, it's actually fairly well made.
January 2, 2016
Para bien o para mal, "The Human Centipede" dejará su huella indeleble en la historia del cine de terror. El director holandés Tom Six confeccionó una película clase B sucia y depravada en la que un científico loco (interpretado de manera memorable por Dieter Laser) secuestra a 3 jóvenes para armar quirúrgicamente un cienpiés humano uniendo bocas con anos. Si usted no tiene el estómago, no la vea. Pero si usted está en busca de una emoción cinematográfica fuerte, esta es su película.
December 28, 2015
Well, that was an ordeal. I have to say, I can't remember ever feeling like that watching a film before. I was genuinely completely uncomfortable and I'm just glad they didn't show too much gore and it was more suggestive. The suspense was incredible. There wasn't much to a storyline though and my discomfort did mean for lack of enjoyment. Plus, some character's actions were just stupid and it could've been written better with the same outcome and it wouldn't have bugged me so much. I wouldn't watch it again. I'm super scared to watch the sequel as that's meant to be on another level.
½ December 9, 2015
The only thing that this movie proves is that if you have drams of becoming a filmmaker maybe you should actually try and pursue it, because apparently they are letting anyone make movies. My question is, were they just all sitting around one day and though , you know what would make a great movie ? A guy who sews people together and makes them eat each others feces and walk around on their hands and knees, yeah that is what we are going to go with. As soon as the cut of this movie was shown to the people who were " in charge" they should have fired everyone involved with the film and honestly reported them to the police. There is gory and twisted and then there is this garbage.
½ December 8, 2015
HOrrible mOvie!!! Yuk!!
½ December 2, 2015
The mere idea is grotesque but the execution is not as repulsive as the hype will lead you to think, and even if Dieter Laser is truly menacing as the mad doctor, the other actors are mostly terrible and the movie offers a lot more involuntary humor than actual horror.
December 1, 2015
I'll give it one thing, it's made pretty darn well. However, I could not look past the grotesque and evil procedure that followed...
½ November 28, 2015
This movie is not scary at all, its just gross and sickening. Stay away from this atrocious picture.
November 18, 2015
Pros:
-Bloody and gory
-Pretty unique horror concept
-Acceptable story
-The German surgeon

Cons:
-You don't really care about the victims
-Not nearly as gross as it's hyped

Conclusion:
The Human Centipede is an average horror film worth at least one watch.
½ November 10, 2015
Who thought this was a good idea, and then to make 2 more movies?
½ November 2, 2015
very disturbing film with way too many plot holes. Does no one look for a phone?
October 30, 2015
Extremely Boring Movie & Don't See How It's So Hyped IMO Not Even As Gross As I Heard It Was!!!!