The Hunt for the Unicorn Killer Reviews

• Sep 15, 2015

I watched it years ago and remember bits of it.

I watched it years ago and remember bits of it.

• Jan 30, 2012

Monday, January 30, 2012 (1999) The Hunt For The Unicorn MYSTERY/ THRILLER Made for tv movie shown in two parts which can be seen together on one disc, based on a true story about Ira Einhorn nicknamed the 'Unicorn killer' who's a well known celebrity activist during the 60's and 70's but has an irrational behavior toward his female relationships that he lives with, particularly Holly played by Naomi Watts who went missing but then later found. Made in the same fashion as "All Good Things" except this one is a made for tv movie with the killer always getting away. I also don't like the fact how the assumed perpetrator gets away and viewers never know what this guy really looks like in real life since this is all made up- I should not have to 'google' this information on my own if this is indeed supposed to be a true story, at least provide an actual picture of what this guy really looks like for listening to this for 3 hours divided into two parts. 2 out of 4

• Lady D Super Reviewer
    Aug 18, 2007

Told in two parts, this story (which I presume is a true one?) covers quite a period of events leading up to one of the main character?s death. The story is about appearing to be one thing to people and another behind closed doors, about a person wanting freedom for themself and controlling others. It shows mental and physical abuse and a family?s fight for justice.

• Jul 03, 2007

it is such a good movie. I hate what the guy did, but i love learning new things when it comes to murder stuff.

• Jul 03, 2007

thrilling movie and is amazing, Naomi is great. this is the kind of drama that makes you burts to tears! 8 houres but still is fucking awsome!

• Jun 06, 2007

Sure it may be 8 hours long and grossly anticlimactic, but I have watched this movie more times than I can count. Why? Because I bought it for about a quid and it rocks some of the greatest facial hair. Ever.

• Mar 02, 2007

Good drama/thriller/mystery, great cast. Naomi Watts is terrific, wish she was in the film more. Kevin Anderson also does a great job. Interesting story. It didn't always hold my interest, but nearly always, and considering it's near three hour length, that's quite a feat. Good job.

• Feb 03, 2007

It is said to be thriller, but is more of a drama. A really crappy drama that is. The story is very thin and the actors performances are sub par. Only Naomi Watts saves this movie - for half an hour...