Hunt for the Wilderpeople Reviews

• 1d ago

As usual Waititi perfectly balances cartoonish humour, with adventure and genuinely moving drama. The two leads play off each other marvellously.

• Nov 22, 2020

Beautiful from start to finish. I was immediately captured by the quirky characters, interesting plot and superb script - had us laughing all the way through, and took me by surprise a few times, totally unsure of where it would go next, but eager to keep watching to find out. The story was told beautifully, with charm and warmth, and I just loved each character and how they perfectly complimented each other. The scenery was amazing, making me want to go on my own wilderpeople adventure, and the sound track matched the writing magnificently, adding to the emotion of the story and drawing me in further. I longed for a happy ending for Ricky, and he got one. I highly recommend this majestical film, and will definitely watch it again.

• Nov 16, 2020

Such good vibes from this movie all around. Lovable characters, great humor in the writing, beautiful visuals and soundtrack. The side characters are SO fun. Def recommend :)

• Nov 13, 2020

Extraordinary; to say the least.

Extraordinary; to say the least.

• Nov 02, 2020

Such an original, smart movie. Fun, quirky, I love it.

Such an original, smart movie. Fun, quirky, I love it.

• Oct 18, 2020

Hunt no longer for your weekend streaming watch - Hunt For the Wilderpeople is a pleasure trove of cinematic delight. What's wonderful here, is the love not only in the story but in the making of the film. Similar to watching a Scorcese or Tarantino flick, you can feel the care, specificity and joy that was put into creating this wild and wonderful tale about relationships, growth and the need for adventure. With a star turn from the young man (who shortly thereafter went on to Daredevil fame) it's an easy watch, littered with playful visuals, editing and ribald dialogue that will comfortably surprise and please you. The writer/ director has a sure hand in creating a very specific world/ tone/ vibe, and for those of us with a love for imagination and a childlike hunger for new possibilities and pleasurable mischief, you will enjoy this film and Waititi's others.

• Oct 13, 2020

Really enjoyed the fun, funky, foreign-made movie. Well-done.

Really enjoyed the fun, funky, foreign-made movie. Well-done.

• Oct 04, 2020

• Oct 04, 2020

• Oct 03, 2020

The first twenty minutes or so of this film is enjoyable due to Rima Te Wiata performance as Bella but after her characters departure the movie quickly loses its watchability due to Julian Dennisons continually annoying performance as Ricky.