Hunt for the Wilderpeople Reviews

• Oct 07, 2019

This joins Parenthood as my favorite movie of all time

This joins Parenthood as my favorite movie of all time

• Oct 01, 2019

I knew I loved Taika Waititi but I hadn't seen this wonderful movie until last night and I think it's become one of my favorite movies of all time. Sam Neill and Julian Dennison are fucking delightful. I want pull both of them into a huge bear hug and never let go. Incredible acting to be able to portray these deeply wounded characters as bitter and cold in one moment, deeply longing and vulnerable in another, and then just completely hilarious in others. The story is beautiful (bless you Bella, you sweet, wonderful angel, too good for this world) and heartfelt and yet at the same time, you laugh through most of the movie. It doesn't remotely go in a direction you expect (at least not one I expected) despite initially seeming like it might be a familiar tale, it takes constant twists and turns through a delightfully deranged plot and keeps you constantly engaged while defying expectations. This is truly a perfect movie. I wouldn't change a thing ... except that I wish I saw it when it came out three years ago!!

• Sep 26, 2019

Funny and deep, this heartfelt, action filled adventure brings us a fantastic beginning, and a satisfying conclusion among beautiful scenery and bold colors.

• Sep 08, 2019

Funny and sweet. Hard to beat that.

Funny and sweet. Hard to beat that.

• Sep 04, 2019

I was falling asleep until Bella died, it called for a celebration.

I was falling asleep until Bella died, it called for a celebration.

• Sep 02, 2019

I flippinfantastic movie! I LOVE IT SOOOOOO MUCH. I think everyone should see it

• Aug 23, 2019

This one's been tough for me to figure out. I can't put my finger on anything specific, but I guess it just feels more like the other movies I've given an 4/5 to, and less like the ones I've given a 5/5 to. I'll definitely be watching it again. It's a very good movie.

• Aug 12, 2019

Quirky but endearing and funny tale by the creator of What We Do In the Shadows.

• Jun 26, 2019

Hunt for the wilder people is a fun movie for family movie night, with a great story, well-developed characters and great humour this will a movie for all

• Jun 23, 2019

A testament to the genius that is Taika Waititi which is paired beautifully with the chemistry of Julian Dennison and Sam Neill. This is a film for all.