Hunt to Kill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hunt to Kill Reviews

March 23, 2016
After watching a slew of Steven Seagal nonsense, it's hard not to appreciate this for what it is. Steve Austin may not be a good actor but he's more charismatic.
March 14, 2015
It's a pretty good movie and I enjoyed watching it
October 22, 2014
Well done, good story with Steve austin as hero and Gil bellows as the antagonist
August 13, 2014
I was really liking this movie up until the last 20 mins. or so. It had a good serious tone,and the directing and acting was good. Then the movie falls into silliness. The last act felt like they just ripped it badly from Rambo: First Blood....but not as good. There was one scene that reminded me of when Arnold was getting ready for the final confrontation with Predator, it felt completely taken from Predator. I just wished the movie had kept it's serious tone until the end instead of reducing itself to action movie silliness. Still I was entertained and that deserves 3 stars.
½ October 29, 2013
This was actually not bad for stone cold Steve Austin but that really isn't saying too much
½ July 18, 2013
Vulgarity and violence against women in lame action flick.
April 13, 2013
It's always seemed the logical step for professional wrestlers to try and make the leap to acting. The Rock has undisputedly been the most successful at this (though even his recent wrestling return hasn't helped the grappling game get taken anymore seriously by the mainstream media) and others have had middling success while some have bombed and found themselves fronting heavy metal bands and going on Strictly Come Dancing *cough*ChrisJericho*cough*.
Stone Cold Steve Austin was one of the late 90s wrestling boom periods biggest stars. A beer swilling, bird flipping rattlesnake with a blatant disregard for authority. Austin seemed prime material for Hollywood but he hasn't experienced the same success as The Rock. Austin's movies have been largely of the action variety and most have headed straight for dvd. That doesn't mean to say though that there hasn't been an odd gem amongst them. Hunt to Kill is one of these and exemplifies why Austin makes such a great action star.
Steve is a Canadian border patrol guy who is unable to prevent the demise of his partner Eric Roberts finds himself estranged from his teenage daughter and at the mercy of a bunch of big city crooks who have been double crossed by their leader and now need to catch up to him, and their money, before he crosses into the great white North.
The plot is somewhat similar to Sly Stallone's Cliffhanger but Hunt to Kill actually makes for a better film. The plot is rocket paced and the script tighter than you may expect to find. The bad guys spout their cliched dialogue but each of them has a pretty well defined character which makes them easier to hate. Action movies often live and die by their bad guys and Hunt to Kill's bunch are very fun. You can't wait for Austin to start picking them off one by one.
Like films such as Commando and Sudden Death, Hunt to Kill strikes it's balance just right. There's no massively over the top heroics but a believable scenario with some larger than life characters. Austin lumbers around in a menacing kind of way when necessary and there's some impressive kills along the way. His fisticuffs with former kickboxer Gary Daniels is a great fight combining MMA and wrestling styles. Gil Bellows lead bad guy Banks is an absolute riot and gets to say stuff like "Life is like a bottle of milk - everyone's got an expiration date".
Steve Austin may not be making as much money from his movies as The Rock but it could be argued that Dwayne Johnson has never made anything quite this fun. Hunt to Kill is right up there with some of the best action films ever made. A shining example of how to get the genre right.
December 10, 2012
Yeah u dont mess with the rattlesnake very rambo this film but a good action film.
½ September 27, 2012
expect more from Austin than this, its pretty dire until he becomes the hunter
August 31, 2012
I absolutely love Steve Austin...but this movie is fuckin garbage. Really, really shitty. I hope he gets proper roles now he's not in these terrible WWE films. And Vince McMahon needs to be banned from being anywhere near a movie production
½ August 21, 2012
Awful action vehicle for Austin. Dire plot, much homoerotic macho grappling and a movie classic, the survival watch strap that transforms into a 100 meter, dual core, 1/4 inch nylon climbing rope. A must for all lovers of bad cinema.
½ August 13, 2012
The movie was disappointing. Both Steve and Gil seemed immortal, and to top it off, ridiculous reactions and doings from EVERYBODY!
½ July 6, 2012
sucked nobody died till the end
July 1, 2012
Nothing original, but the cast is ok.
June 19, 2012
Had a very late 80's early 90's feel to it.
Best quote was "When I hunt, I hunt to kill"
June 10, 2012
when I Hunt I Hunt To Kill! Stone Cold dropped the ball on this movie at times it was quiet boring, the background music was a bit over the top.
The Storyline started off good then it just went down from there, Some of the fight seens were good and bad at the same time.
½ April 22, 2012
Because when I hunt, I hunt to KILL.
March 5, 2012
a surprisingly decent little action movie, hunt to to kill stars ex wrestling star steve austin, and he has a good preseance here, as he dishes out some brutality on the guys who kidnapp his daughter, the movie isnt fresh or original, but its well made, and fun to watch, and the once the villians are entertaining, and kudos to british martial artist gary daniels, who is brilliant in this, his fight with steve austin is worth the price of admission alone, but in real life i think gary daniels would kick his arse, i recommend this to action fans, there's definatly some fun here
½ February 25, 2012
good action but kinda slow