Hunter Prey - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hunter Prey Reviews

½ March 28, 2012
So many films are failing right now that we have to appreciate film makers who are trying. Sandy Collora as something of a reputation. He's done quite well with this. Maybe he should have conserved his characters better. Great desert photography, perhaps not enough sweat. The end mechanics about the death of worlds was not that palatable. This would have pleased the old sci-fi editor, John Campbell.
March 27, 2012
Low budget desert SciFi that is fun entertaining, and very reminiscent of the original Star Wars and Enemy Mine.
March 6, 2012
this is actually a very nice low budget sci fi movie
March 6, 2012
Great little indie sci-fi film!
February 12, 2012
Not a bad low budget sci-fi film for Sandy Collora, her first feature film. Though some parts were corny, it was nevertheless a character driven plot that didn't rely on CGI and high action packed scenes.
February 7, 2012
Entertaining low budget sci fi. A not Boba Fett chases another alien about a not Tatooine. They have a chat. A bit like Enemy Mine.
½ February 1, 2012
This was a great low budget sci-fi film and definitely wouldn't mind a sequel. It's not jam packed with CGI and action, it's more about the characters and story which is very nice to see in a film like this. I say watch it if you really enjoy sci-fi films. You got nothing to lose but a great movie to add to your favorites!
January 21, 2012
This had heart and brains. It's an indie film with almost no budget so it does what great old scifi used to do, have an intriguing story!
January 21, 2012
Pretty average story, but entertaining enough and fairly well executed for some cheap sci fi.
January 14, 2012
Would love to see more movies like this!
January 9, 2012
This alternates between complete crap and surprisingly good, but overall not great.
November 27, 2011
Interesting start with an unusual perspective. Shame that it switches to more conventional story telling about half way through, thickly applying subject matter derived from Start Trek and Predator and the likes.
October 17, 2011
A bit slow at times, and maybe reveals some stuff a little too early, but it's a great film, and it really illustrates the benefits of using physical effects over mostly CG.
October 8, 2011
I actually wanted to give this movie a higher rating.

This is one of those cases where a very low budget movie surpasses most of the high budget crap that hollywood throws out. The story is very simple but I couldn't help to get drawn into it. According to IMDB the estimated budget is $425,000 which by Hollywood standards is basicly nothing. Despite this they put the money to good use and get creative instead which just added to the movie.

At points in the movie even I started to wonder how it would end. And I also like fact they didn't spell everything out for you so you just had to watch it to get the answers for any unanswered question which I found refreshing.

All in all! It kept my interest throughout the whole movie. It is not the best movie around but comparing to some of the horrbile SyFy movies that are produced and the low budget I am very amazed. If you are into Sci-Fi you should give it viewing. If you are not you will not probably loose any sleep if you miss it, except maybe to see how you make decent movie with just $425,000.
½ October 1, 2011
Sjysst SF utan stora åthävor. Bra story och enkelt men snyggt gjort.
September 18, 2011
Too underrated this movie and too few has watched it. I am a fan recently of Sci Fi movies since I got interested into astronomy and aereonatuics and space exploration topics. I have already seen many sci fi movies but I was in search of new titles and found this one.
I really appreciated the movie and the message it delivers. I like how it works and the simplicity of the location.
Was the movie a low budget movie? Then it was good. I watched distric 9 and I heard that it was a Low budget movie too. It was pretty good.
This one is good too.
Erin Gray who is CLEA voice is very nice.

I think acting is very good and the movie can work as a pioneer of a new saga or theme for sci fi movies.
Location subject and spannung moments and turning points are all really well done. I hope actors scripturers and director will have chances to proove other times soon their skills in other movies.
September 11, 2011
One man. One alien. One choice.
July 25, 2011
Well done low budget movie that does not feel like a low budget movie. A alien ship is transporting a prisoner, the Aliens destroyed this prisoners home planet and the prisoner is the only survivor of his species. The transport ship crashes on a barren planet that is similar to the deserts of Earth. The premise is that the prisoner has started a plan that will destroy the Aliens home planet, and the prisoner was being transported back to the Aliens home planet to extract the needed information to save the aliens home world. Now that the transport ship has crashed on the planet the 3 surviving Aliens have 110 hours to recapture the prisoner.

Generally in movies like this you get the point of view from one side of the aliens, in this case you get to watch the movie from both sides of the conflict. It was a man vs man type of conflict, both sides hunting each other down. I liked the twists in the movie. What I did not like was the ending, when a movie ends with me having questions then I get upset, I was ready to give this movie a 70%, but the ending lowered it to 60%. If you want to see something that is not mainstream, and you enjoy giving unknown movies a chance, Hunter Prey is a worthwhile watch.
July 19, 2011
A surprisingly well put-together low-budget sci-fi.
July 9, 2011
Hunter Prey ist an einigen Stellen etwas langatmig und wahrscheinlich nur was f 1/4r SciFi-Fans. Trotz den eher mäigen Effekten gab es sehr gelungene Aufnahmen. F 1/4r diesen Film sollte man sich aber Zeit einplanen, denn Action und Spannung ist eher wenig gegeben.