Hunter Prey - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hunter Prey Reviews

½ June 25, 2011
Interesantísima y sorprendente me encanto!
½ June 17, 2011
Cool twist, they disguised this film well in the advertising. This is a pretty cool sci-fi, but suffers from some really cheesy acting, and a leave-it-at-that ending that really has no place in an independent film.
½ June 16, 2011
Practically unwatchable. The budget was low, but the quality of the writing and acting were even lower.
½ June 16, 2011
I liked the lack of overdone effects, but found Hunter Prey thoroughly boring.
June 15, 2011
Low budget as this was... it was really really good. Its perfectly set up for a sequel. I cant wait to see part 2. This movie can be easily criticized and over looked, but it is a gem underneath.
June 12, 2011
Bit campy, but a good "B" movie.
½ June 7, 2011
Skön lågbudget film som faktikst är bra! Gillar du sci-fi...se den!
May 28, 2011
great commentary on the human spirit.
May 23, 2011
Damn good bit of low-budget sci-fi. Actually, good sci-fi period. Definitely worth a watch.
½ May 22, 2011
Great film, nuff said!
May 18, 2011
In an age of proverbial Michael Bay bells and whistles (sans attention to plot and character derivation,) Sandy Collora's directive vision provides film buffs with a fresh B-budget sci-fi thriller that doesn't disappoint.
½ May 11, 2011
Surprisingly good! Nice pictures, good acting and make-up.
½ April 27, 2011
Never mind that this movie borrows from many famous sources, it is well executed and worth watching.
April 26, 2011
"Hunter Prey" earns every star given to it, but unfortunately suffers from its low budget. For example, we're lead to believe we are on a hostile world, by just putting a computer generated moon in the background, when really it comes off as being Southern California. As the film progressed I just kept thinking that the whole story arc was better served as an episodic treatment inside an already existing series' mythology, as opposed to a stand alone movie that almost appears to have no real initial plot other than to take off the film "Enemy Mine". The plot twists were a bit too obvious, however, the film does require some positive response for holding together without going "MegaShark" on us and making B Sci Fi look relatively respectable.
April 25, 2011
Hunter Prey isn't "mind blowing", it isn't even a good movie. But with nifty camera work, a beautiful landscape, and big hollywood production like costumes, Hunter Prey makes the most of it's shoestring budget.
April 23, 2011
A low-budget 'Enemy Mine' sequel, this movie really surprised me. I can't wait to recommend it to my geek friends.
April 23, 2011
Great classic sci fi that came out in 2010. The practical make up and effects will make you long for the visual feel of the original Star Wars film (Episode IV specifically). Kudos to this low budget film. I hope they get the chance for bigger and better.
April 22, 2011
Visually pleasing sci-fi thriller, with great universe created. I'd like to see more backstory from this universe.
½ April 22, 2011
Remember the guy who directed "Batman: Dead End"? Well here's his feature film debut. While it obviously has a low budget for a sci-fi film, it is still done with striking visuals and a fairly intriguing script. It feels very slow at times, but again, working within it's limitations I feel a liitle generous to understand. Loved that ERIN GRAY was involved.
April 21, 2011
I went in with no expectations and was thoroughly surprised. For those who truly love sci-fi and a movie that tells a good story, then boy this is a treasure of a find. I can't get enough of good story-driven sci-fi. Director Sandy Collora took a meager budget, a relatively unknown cast of only two (well maybe three) main characters and wove a tapestry of visuals and story. The effects and the score are much better than is typically found for a sub $500,000 budget film as well. I really don't want to give away any plot points, so just trust me and watch this film!