The Hurt Locker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hurt Locker Reviews

½ January 21, 2018
It's a passable action flick. The tension is forced most of the time. Jeremy Renner is a supporting actor (see Hawkeye). The cinematography was great. Sound very well done. Only won best film because it was directed by a woman and was up against a weak field.
January 3, 2018
I finally saw this. It's probably the best movie I've seen in... like, 5 years? This is a movie about how men are, directed by a woman. I know there were some military types who quibbled with its accuracy. But for there was a stark realness to this that most action movies never seem to simulate. Not so much a war movie than a movie about male aggression suppressed and redirected until some kind of tantra is attained.
December 20, 2017
I have seen a lot of movies. They vary from good, bad, made by Martin Scorsese, or Uwe Boll. But, this movie tops my favorites list. It's fantastic how Kathryn Bigelow joins forces with Mark Boal, and together they made this phenomenal project that is completely overlooked by everyone. I mean everyone forgets this movie because they don't like complex storytelling. This movie is more than complex. It's realistic. The action is realistic. There's only 2 or 3 slow-mo shots, there are a few explosions, and there's no guns-a-blazing. This movie portrays the army in the most respectful way.
December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 8.0

Tensa y brillante a la vez, con una soberbia dirección de Kathryn Bigelow.
December 18, 2017
An intimate and multilayered portrayal of the tense, emotionally-riveting journey of a group of bomb-defusers during the Iraq War. The film shows the polarized reactions of different people during times of adrenaline-fueled crises.
December 6, 2017
Exceptional and patriotic. Even though many argue it is unrealistic, is hard to know for sure unless you have been too war!
September 11, 2017
Literally puts you in the shoes of a bomb disposal expert and makes you breath just as heavy at what is about to happen next just as you would be in a juggernaut suit. Great directing!
½ September 9, 2017
Real solid flick all around
September 2, 2017
The Hurt Locker is Kathryn Bigelow's essay into comparing the addiction to war to the addiction to drugs. Jeremy Renner portrays a rogue IED dismantler and his by the book crew. Based upon the personal accounts of journalist Mark Boal during the Iraq War Bigelow provides a gritty and grim vision of what it's truly like to be a soldier in today's world. Renner, Omari Hardwick, and Brian Geraghty lead the EOD crew and we see their day-to-day encounters with IEDS complete with destruction and death. Emotions and tensions run high throughout and the conclusion leaves us wondering what will become of the characters that we became so familiar with. A gripping expose on the horrors of war.
September 1, 2017
10 out of 10:

Gripping, well directed, amazing acting, and very gut wrenching, The Hurt Locker remains a war movie classic.
August 30, 2017
This is Brilliant! This is best Kathryn Bigelow films. Who lost Detroit.
½ August 29, 2017
Intense and powerful film about the Iraq War. Strong performances from its leads make this movie about an EOD team in the Iraq war. I loved the dynamic of the different personalities and how the interacted with each other during the intensity of war.
½ August 20, 2017
A good gritty look at modern warfare that imparts a few important messages. It doesn't however do a good job of filling its runtime and ends up dragging on a bit too long with some confusing story arcs and cliche scenes.
½ August 17, 2017
Overall The Hurt Locker is a very powerful film with characters portraying differing opinions of war-life with beautifully shot scenes and intense bomb scenarios.
August 11, 2017
My full opinion: 8.3/10.
August 10, 2017
Favourite War Movie of All Time!
August 10, 2017
Bigelow plants you right in the middle of the situations at hand, and as a result produces a gripping, suspenseful and occasionally emotion portrayal of war.
½ August 5, 2017
A serious and brutally emotional war film centered around three characters of different temperaments. The lack of music and the clever use of silence successfully dials up the intensity in each bomb disarming mission. Despite the lack of a central story arc, emotions and character psychology are the qualities that carry the film. Suggested by the film's great writing and acting, we empathize with our three major characters and delve ourselves into their complex minds that speaking cannot elucidate.
July 31, 2017
It is such a well done movie with Bigelow showing mastery in meaningful scenes with the camera, control in creating intensity and a great performance from the lead Jeremy Renner.
½ July 11, 2017
Unbelievable the director is a woman