The Hurt Locker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hurt Locker Reviews

September 11, 2017
Literally puts you in the shoes of a bomb disposal expert and makes you breath just as heavy at what is about to happen next just as you would be in a juggernaut suit. Great directing!
½ September 9, 2017
Real solid flick all around
September 2, 2017
The Hurt Locker is Kathryn Bigelow's essay into comparing the addiction to war to the addiction to drugs. Jeremy Renner portrays a rogue IED dismantler and his by the book crew. Based upon the personal accounts of journalist Mark Boal during the Iraq War Bigelow provides a gritty and grim vision of what it's truly like to be a soldier in today's world. Renner, Omari Hardwick, and Brian Geraghty lead the EOD crew and we see their day-to-day encounters with IEDS complete with destruction and death. Emotions and tensions run high throughout and the conclusion leaves us wondering what will become of the characters that we became so familiar with. A gripping expose on the horrors of war.
September 1, 2017
10 out of 10:

Gripping, well directed, amazing acting, and very gut wrenching, The Hurt Locker remains a war movie classic.
August 30, 2017
This is Brilliant! This is best Kathryn Bigelow films. Who lost Detroit.
½ August 29, 2017
Intense and powerful film about the Iraq War. Strong performances from its leads make this movie about an EOD team in the Iraq war. I loved the dynamic of the different personalities and how the interacted with each other during the intensity of war.
½ August 20, 2017
A good gritty look at modern warfare that imparts a few important messages. It doesn't however do a good job of filling its runtime and ends up dragging on a bit too long with some confusing story arcs and cliche scenes.
½ August 17, 2017
Overall The Hurt Locker is a very powerful film with characters portraying differing opinions of war-life with beautifully shot scenes and intense bomb scenarios.
August 11, 2017
My full opinion: 8.3/10.
August 10, 2017
Favourite War Movie of All Time!
August 10, 2017
Bigelow plants you right in the middle of the situations at hand, and as a result produces a gripping, suspenseful and occasionally emotion portrayal of war.
½ August 5, 2017
A serious and brutally emotional war film centered around three characters of different temperaments. The lack of music and the clever use of silence successfully dials up the intensity in each bomb disarming mission. Despite the lack of a central story arc, emotions and character psychology are the qualities that carry the film. Suggested by the film's great writing and acting, we empathize with our three major characters and delve ourselves into their complex minds that speaking cannot elucidate.
July 31, 2017
It is such a well done movie with Bigelow showing mastery in meaningful scenes with the camera, control in creating intensity and a great performance from the lead Jeremy Renner.
½ July 11, 2017
Unbelievable the director is a woman
June 18, 2017
Was okay but why so many Oscars ???
½ June 4, 2017
excellent really intense
½ May 31, 2017
A gripping, intense, impactful, and thoughtful war movie, The Hurt Locker is worthy of all those awards that it won.
May 19, 2017
I seriously don't get where this movie is heading to. The lead is courageous but then there's nothing much to the movie after that.
May 10, 2017
This wasn't a really good best picture winner, but there are a few moments here which makes this flick salvageable.
April 26, 2017
This is a truly great film, very fascinating