The Hurt Locker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hurt Locker Reviews

½ March 19, 2017
As a portrayal of OIF, aka the 'War in Iraq", this is complete fiction. No loose cannon soldier would be tolerated by his peers or his command, he is simply too dangerous, too unreliable, and too much of a risk to be tolerated. Anyone who knows EOD personnel (I'm not EOD) knows they are adrenaline junkies, but they are not reckless, haphazard, or foolish. Additionally, the "episodes" especially the sniper scene, are laughable. This is fantasy garbage, if you are a civilian and want and insight into life of EOD, watch Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan. If you want to get a good sense of military service, try Citizen Soldier.

As for "intensely shot", really? Which scenes are well shot - interesting angles that evokes the narrative or feeling, editing or pacing that adds to the film - sorry can't recall any, even after being forced to see this 20 times by hoo-ha friends! This sucks.

Posted March 19, 2017 CIB and Star, V devices on B Star and ARCOM, Masterblaster, long and short tabs.
March 18, 2017
Kathryn Bigelow's movie is a portrait of the Iraq War. The acting is incredible as the plot. The storyline does not have many twists but at all times the movie causes tension in the viewer. War is a drug and we see that she does not leave the scene in no time. Despite being repetitive at a certain moment the film is engaging.
½ March 13, 2017
Almost perfect Iraq movie
March 8, 2017
Great military film with deep undertones
½ February 28, 2017
The movie really puts you in the middle of the Iraq War.
February 24, 2017
You want to see a movie that is designed to convince America's white trash how cool it is to be a cowboy-soldier? Welcome to war propaganda in The Hurt Locker. A "masterpiece" that will show future generations what went wrong at the beginning of the 21st century. Watch the movie and you will have an urgent need to wash yourself to get rid of the dirt that was put in front of you, War propaganda that could have been produced in Goebbel's ministry of silly walks.
February 22, 2017
I may not enjoy this movie like many others but during the 2 hours long movie watching, it really does not disappoint and certainly makes you on edge of seat most of the time.
February 16, 2017
Simply put, it's one of the most thrillingly alive films ever made. The suspense holds a cloud over the events; every moment of the film feels dangerous. Everyone is in danger, and no one can be trusted. In the all too real world of "The Hurt Locker", there's distrust and even tested bonds of brotherhood, as well as the limits of basic human forgiveness and understanding.

This isn't a war movie, persay. It's a movie about people in war; human beings tested to their absolute limit, and once they reach that limit, they're nothing shy of addicted and terrified in equal portion.
½ February 12, 2017
thought it was ok little borring in parts
January 27, 2017
Intense modern war movie about the Iraq War. It seems smaller and newer than what were used to (Saving Private Ryan) but no less interesting and investing. Kind of a character study, as well as a war drama. The acting was great and the cinematography and effects were great of course. Seems shorter than it was, in a good way. The end cereal scene was very simple but fantastic. Great end.
January 25, 2017
Real, human depiction of what will go down in history as the worst idea ever.(The Iraq war). Having watched it 4 times it is one of those movies that I will click on whenever it comes up on the dial.
½ January 18, 2017
Overhyped and already done.... but still, I watched it all.... unless you have an affinity for war movies or have never seen a Vietnam war movie you might be ok to skip this.
½ January 17, 2017
Not impressed at all by this. I think I was excited that Avatar lost, but this was just not a good movie. Up should have won. The characters, especially Jeremy Renner, are so unlikeable and they have Ralph Fiennes but then only give him like 5 minutes on screen. It relies a lot on Jeremy and he is just so stupid and unlikeable. He would never be a leader in the real life EOD crew.
½ January 14, 2017
What I remember of it was being enthralled. 8-9/10?
January 7, 2017
This movie is really powerful. I feel a tension behind everything throughout the movie that gets me invested and concerned for the characters. Interestingly both times I watched this movie were on flights to/from China.
January 1, 2017
Rating: 98%
The Hurt Locker has Jeremy Renner in his best role in his entire career, along with a suspense-filled screenplay and a handful of great supporting actors.
December 28, 2016
Rewatched this. Still as intensely captivating as the first time.
½ December 12, 2016
Gritty, Emotional, Thrilling picture of human turmoil
December 11, 2016
The Hurt Locker lacks a story, but it is a heavy examination in the junkie adrenaline man Jeremy Renner who plays a man that has an addiction to defusing bombs. It's nail biting suspense with a different perspective on war.
December 4, 2016
I was surprised how much I like this movie.