The Hurt Locker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hurt Locker Reviews

April 7, 2018
It's like watching real war footage, with no story behind it.
½ April 7, 2018
The fact that this movie is 97% is appalling. This is by far the worst "war movie" of all time. It's unrealistic, corny AF, and just an overall bad movie. I can't believe so many people liked this film, it's absolute shit.
April 6, 2018
finally saw The Hurt Locker. I really liked it. But I didn't love it.
March 22, 2018
Non solo un film di guerra perfetto sotto tutti gli aspetti tecnici, ma anche un profondo ritratto psicologico dei suoi protagonisti. Sono proprio i pensieri dei soldati i veri protagonisti del film, spinti al limite da una condizione di estrema angoscia e ansia. Tutto questo viene trasmesso allo spettatore con intensità e realismo, grazie ad un ottima regia sorretta da un montaggio preciso e un comparto sonoro eccellente. La regista riesce a conferire al film un tocco terreno e pragmatico, con le coraggiose riprese a mano e tagli di montaggio repentini e frequenti. Meritatissimi tutti i prestigiosi riconoscimenti che ha ricevuto, si tratta di un ottimo film di guerra che non deve essere dimenticato.
½ March 20, 2018
Kathryn Bigelow brings a unique vision to the modern day war epic. This film has unique and stunning cinematography and outstanding performances that really makes this film a standout in its genre. The way its written and filmed feels like a documentary with each segment really making you feel like you're there. In regards to Mark Boal's screenplay I must say I appreciate how he tells stories we don't typically see in this genre such as; the diffusing of bombs in both its relieving success and tragic failures, the long time and focus it takes to be a sniper and mercenaries privately contracted to capture/kill terrorists themselves. I could go on about the cast but it's really Jeremy Renner's show playing a soldier thats so desensitived by war that he feels more comfortable in that environment then safe back home. Overall, worth the watch as one of the few war films that truly makes you feel like you're there.
½ March 19, 2018
Super intense movie. Renner played the role really well. Wasn't crazy about how it ended.
½ March 19, 2018
Super intense movie. Ending wasn't anything fancy. Renner played the role really well.
March 16, 2018
excellent performances. Stella direction. captivating throughout. tense start carried through the film.
March 8, 2018
The only time I wanted to walk out of the cinema was watching this film I've watched it again on Netflix and it still is completely crap
½ March 8, 2018
This war drama about a bomb squard in Iraq is uncommonly human.
March 3, 2018
Absolutely the worst shaky cam movie I have ever tried to watch, even worse than Captain Phillips! Guarantee you will have a headache within ten minutes...
February 23, 2018
I know Im gonna get alot of hits for this but this movie wasnt all it was cracked up to be
it's just slow and boring to the point where I was falling asleep
I became less interested as it progressed
sorry but I fail to see why this movie won Best Picture of 2009
this movie is BS from beginning to finish
½ February 22, 2018
A gripping and heroic tale depicting the war in Iraq. From the start of the film it grabs you and won't let you look away till the end. The accurate depiction of the war combined with the flawless acting and emotions make this one of the best war movies to date.
January 29, 2018
Terrible. Absolutely terrible. I literally signed up with this website to protest this movie.
½ January 27, 2018
180126: This was the film of the year? Bad year I guess. Are we supposed to be shocked by the ugliness of war and terrorist tactics? These films, which attempt to portray people on the edge of psychological stability, are always weak. William James is not a hero; he's a detriment to his team. He's not a hero, he's a hazard.
½ January 21, 2018
It's a passable action flick. The tension is forced most of the time. Jeremy Renner is a supporting actor (see Hawkeye). The cinematography was great. Sound very well done. Only won best film because it was directed by a woman and was up against a weak field.
January 3, 2018
I finally saw this. It's probably the best movie I've seen in... like, 5 years? This is a movie about how men are, directed by a woman. I know there were some military types who quibbled with its accuracy. But for there was a stark realness to this that most action movies never seem to simulate. Not so much a war movie than a movie about male aggression suppressed and redirected until some kind of tantra is attained.
December 20, 2017
I have seen a lot of movies. They vary from good, bad, made by Martin Scorsese, or Uwe Boll. But, this movie tops my favorites list. It's fantastic how Kathryn Bigelow joins forces with Mark Boal, and together they made this phenomenal project that is completely overlooked by everyone. I mean everyone forgets this movie because they don't like complex storytelling. This movie is more than complex. It's realistic. The action is realistic. There's only 2 or 3 slow-mo shots, there are a few explosions, and there's no guns-a-blazing. This movie portrays the army in the most respectful way.
December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 8.0

Tensa y brillante a la vez, con una soberbia dirección de Kathryn Bigelow.
December 18, 2017
An intimate and multilayered portrayal of the tense, emotionally-riveting journey of a group of bomb-defusers during the Iraq War. The film shows the polarized reactions of different people during times of adrenaline-fueled crises.