Hybrid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hybrid Reviews

½ August 20, 2014
I actually enjoyed it, however I don't see how it fits the genre horror. it wasn't the least bit scary or gut wrenching, however it was enjoyable.
November 27, 2013
Creative but very sci-fi! You kind of know what's going to happen in the end
½ November 25, 2013
Though it's true to say that there are a couple of bearable things in Hybrid, for the most part it's just regular-type terrible. Imagine making a really bad werewolf movie, and then taking out the part where there's a werewolf. Then you'll more or less have Hybrid.

It's part of the Maneater series but for the life of me I can't work out why, other than its being aired on the Sci-Fi channel they have virtually nothing in common. Hybrid decides that if it rips off The Eye, Hulk, Aliens and a nature documentary, it will churn out a movie that'll appeal to fans of The Twilight Saga. And maybe it would, but seeing as I don't fall into that category, Hybrid can fuck right off.

There's this kid from Glee in the lead role. He's not a werewolf, he's like, part-man, part-wolf. But the only part of him that's wolf is his eyes, which apparently means he can speak wolf and randomly attacks people and stuff, but he doesn't like, turn into a werewolf on a full moon or anything. He just jumps around and pretends he's native-American instead of white. He's very white.

There is of course the obligatory wise old Native-American who actually ISN'T white to make philosophical anecdotes about nature, spirit animals and the great circle of life, but it's so stupendously forced they may as well have not bothered. Honestly, Hybrid is one of the only movies I've reviewed that I've had to physically force myself to watch just for the sake of reviewing. There's a hundred flaws in the film but the worst of all is that it's just fuckboring! There's no point in entertainment that isn't entertaining.

Though I suppose there was physically room for it to get worse, sure, Hybrid is overabundant with genuine terribleness, watch out for this one, but by all means, don't watch it. Unless of course you happen to love American mysticism, bad films, nature documentaries that don't make sense, Twilight and Glee, of which, I'm sad to say there is probably a lot of.

-Gimly
½ August 15, 2013
OMG just watched this movie and it was terrible!!! Acting was shocking, the action sequences are dull and limp! Don't waste your life watching it!
July 21, 2013
I love Cory monteith RIP
½ May 17, 2013
Horrible movie. Such a train wreck ....
½ January 13, 2013
So hard to understand and the movie wasn't very well put together. Fighting scenes SO fake.
October 2, 2012
Cory Monteith Is Amazing
½ August 27, 2012
This was stupid. So wolves brains are located in their eyes?
August 26, 2012
J'ai fumé 2kg de LSD, je suis un loup, je suis mauve...
½ April 22, 2012
I couldn't really get into it. It lacked details and suspense. Yet a weird idea was the storyline of using animal parts for humans.
February 5, 2012
I don't really think this should be considered a lycanthropy movie but I thought it was interesting. To me, this story is about a guy who starts going insane from the pair of wolf eyes that he has and from the memories that these eyes possess.
January 2, 2012
The idea behind this movie? Creative and slightly plausible. The actual horror quality? Pretty awful. Everything was predictable, not explained, or out-right out of place. If you want to see Cory Monteith do a fairly good job as a confused man with the eye sight of a wolf, go for it. This is your movie. But it you expect blood, gore, and terror, go somewhere else.
October 6, 2011
A pretty clever idea for a film is the only good thing I have to say about this film. The acting was a little bad, and the pace was extremely slow. However, there was some pretty interesting parts in here that were a little entertaining. Not the best work SyFy has done, but still pretty good.
June 28, 2011
I wouldn't watch this pile of crud even if someone paid me.
March 7, 2011
An unintentional comedy. I kept laughing since the only special effect they use to illustrate the fact that this dude is turning "wolfy" due to his new eyes is to cut to national geographic footage of wolves howling on the open plains. Lmfao. It is so bad it's freaking funny.
January 10, 2011
Cory Monteith was the only actor in this movie who didn't sound like he was reading from a cue card every time he opened his mouth... and he's not yet established enough as an actor to carry a film on his own. Everything else seemed amateur and sloppy, and the plot was not interesting enough for me to excuse all the other problems.
½ December 31, 2010
November 25, 2010
Ok concept, filmed in Winnipeg (not sure if that is a plus or a minus, but I lived there for 7 months so it was kinda cool to see streets that I had driven on) and a very poor performance from Justine "I wish I would have had a career after Family Ties" Bateman, but the guys eyes did look cool, so that is something.