Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story Reviews

• Alex r Super Reviewer
    May 02, 2014

Terrific film on the early years of Def Leppard right to their rise to fame. I really am a huge fan of the band, and I grew up listening to the band. This is a well made movie, one that should definitely be seen by every fan of the band, and with a fine cast of talented actors, brings the story of this great band to life. Nowadays Def Leppard are not what they used to be, but with this film, you get a taste of their heyday, when they made great music. I really enjoyed the film's performances, and the pacing is done quite quickly, and the filmmakers seem to cram to a bit too much history into a short run time, which is a weak point for the film. However the film is very good nonetheless and I think it's a fantastic film on the subject. The film works well as a drama, and it's really a rag to riches story about a band that overcomes, and to everyone that knows this band, they know exactly what I'm talking about. This is a very good drama that is sure to delight fans of the band, though it's not perfect film, it's definitely worth seeing if you the band, ort rock music in general. The cast here are great in their respective roles, and each brings something unique to the screen. Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story is entertaining from the first frame onwards, and it recreates key moments in the bands career. Very good film for what it does, this is a great music drama that though shows issues with story, and budget, does more than big, overcomplicated dramas with big name stars. The beauty part of this film is that it's based on a real story, and is one that's fairly easy to get into. Especially with a band like Def Leppard, their story is one of a kind, and this film definitely captures that vibe.

• Oct 02, 2013

Terrific bio-pic of the legendary English metal band, focusing on their early years. The culture and time period is captured very well, as these working class lads from steel city Sheffield make their way to rock superstardom, and battle a few challenges along the way. Of course, the music is awesome.

• Sep 07, 2012

Great Movie! Anyone who is a Def Lep fan should see. You get to watch the rise of Def Lep while also seeing the sadly decent of Steve Clark into the madness of alcoholism.

• Jun 21, 2012

This film was so great, I have watched it at least six times. Being a fan of the '80s, I can honestly say that it is one of the most influential films I have ever seen! Watch it!

• May 28, 2011

Being a huge Def Leppard fan, I thought this film was great. It shows all the struggles the band had to deal with and it goes through the history of their rise to fame and how they became one of the greatest artists in music history

• Apr 21, 2011

Er, their drummer has one arm, respect.

Er, their drummer has one arm, respect.

• Jan 11, 2011

well acted, a real intro to the '80's rock scene for those too young to have been there!

• Dec 15, 2010

As far as made-for-TV movies go, this is better than it should be, considering VH1 made it! Anthony Michael Hall is dead-on as Robert John "Mutt" Lange but the actors playing my favorite band don't even come close!!

• Nov 16, 2009

I get hysterical... hysteria! WHEN YOU GET THAT FEELIN!!! Better start to believe it! It's such a magical... mysterioo. Kinda crappy made for TV movie, only watch it if you're a Def Leppard fan. But even then beware because it's not even accurate to the band's story to begin with, but it'll give you an idea.

• Sep 21, 2009

I watched this movie when VH1 released it in 2001. Then, I was young, and blinded by the fact that there was a movie about one of my favorite bands. I later went back and Netflixed it. Now, I realize how low quality this movie is. Granted it is made-for-t.v, so for that it earns points for how good the sets look, but sometimes it seems like a project film. It is a great film because you learn about the band, but at the same time the acting is poor, editing is choppy, and ect.