I Can Do Bad All By Myself - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Can Do Bad All By Myself Reviews

½ August 21, 2016
Seems like it'll be something really powerful. I'm glad to see a director defying the odds and being willing to tell the African American story. We're in love and we're family and we're strong and I'm tired of the media's lies when it comes to black folk. I will definitely see this one.
July 17, 2016
I love Tyler Perry movies...Alicia, we should go see this Saturday!
½ August 16, 2015
I like this film. I feel like the performance by Henson was very good. The story is concise, emotional, and funny.
June 22, 2015
I like it very much real life
April 25, 2015
I Can Do Bad All By Myself is Tyler Perry's best film that shows that he can be a competent director and writer. Madea is funny and all, but she's not in it that much, and it's mostly the story about Taraji P. Henson's character, which is a great story thanks to Taraji P. Henson. She's just amazing in it and can act caring, be funny, and even act intimidating. The songs are a mixed bag for me as some of the songs are quite good, and then there's some that are forgettable. The supporting actors are really good, and Brian White did a good job of being such a selfish jerk. The writing is actually really good with a balance between comedy and effective drama. When the plot keeps going, you can sorta guess where it's going, but how far they do it is anyone's guess which gets you interested. I Can Do Bad All By Myself is not a perfect film, but this film is probably the only one that lots of people would like from Tyler Perry that doesn't offend people in some way.
March 26, 2015
if i can watch a movie ill be good
January 12, 2015
You do bad really well.
January 12, 2015
You do bad really well.
½ September 11, 2014
The only thing that allows us black people to be moral is Jesus, apparently. Thanks for the reminder, Tyler Perry.
August 25, 2014
Even though it's the highest-rated Madea film with typical points and elements as well performances, it still can't beat the third film. (B-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ June 20, 2014
This is the best rated Tyler Perry movie... and it still sucks.
March 13, 2014
I hate it it's too much drama
January 26, 2014
Just like the others I've seen, but this one really has an outstanding soundtrack
November 14, 2013
this is a good movie, i'm laughing and crying at the same time, why the others review so bad, its unfair
November 7, 2013
I enjoy this movie, you laugh,you cried, and it made you think about others and yourself
½ October 20, 2013
Not horrible....loved Adam Rodriguez. Didn't care for the ending though!
October 16, 2013
Very good movie with a great
message.. I can always count on Tyler Perry to make a great movie, A must see!!
August 29, 2013
Having FINALLY gotten round to seeing this on DVD (which seems to be the fait accompli of most Tyler Perry productions here in the UK!) a couple of years ago, I have to say it was well worth the wait, it didn't disappoint at all!

Ms. Henson's performance, while not nuanced, stole the show -- thanx, Tyler!
August 26, 2013
good movie gives u a reality check selfishness gets u no where when opening ur heart gives u open doors u never thought were possible. ....
July 26, 2013
So touching... Really nice!! More drama than comedy!