I Met the Walrus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Met the Walrus Reviews

½ April 2, 2013
This is a wonderful piece of film. I like the kinetic connections that the film demonstrates and the candid interview with a Rock n' Roll legend.
March 25, 2010
Nonstop brilliance. More interviews should be transformed into incredible, surrealist, stream of consciousness works of art like this. This is actually what a thought process looks like in your head. Adding the visuals can make the words of the speaker more personal and understandable. You see the evolution of thought with much more vividness than if you were to simply listen to an audio recording or look at a talking head.
½ March 1, 2010
Super cool! :D Well done animation drawings to a sneak interview filmed on tape by a 14 yr old boy. What a great idea! :) We are enjoying this! :)

Nominated for best animated short
½ January 13, 2009
John is just wonderfully well spoken, and deserves such a beautiful, loving, well crafted tribute.
August 5, 2008
While this is an interesting concept - an audio interview set to a visual collage - I felt like I was being bombared with images. It didn't give me enough time to take in the individual pictures; much the way I feel when I watch a music video.

I appreciate how candid this is and, that's one hardcore interviewer, but it's not exactly profound.
½ August 1, 2008
Really neat interview with John Lennon. Loved the graphics and how they played with the dialogue.
½ July 26, 2008
oh sorry... cannot fully understand this short film...
½ July 25, 2008
Very impressive & imaginative annimation! It transformed a short conversation with John Lennon into a very creative annimation. The conversation itself contains very meaningful message too!
June 11, 2008
this short film seems very interesting
May 19, 2008
Ohhhhh boy every one wants to met the Walrus.

Goo goo goo choo
May 5, 2008
Really nice animated short feauturing Jhon Lennon
½ April 27, 2008
Very neat short film replaying an interview by a kid named Jerry with the late John Lennon . The words spoken are graphically interpreted. Short and sweet and free flowing.
April 21, 2008
Very nice annimation done in they Yellow submarine style. I was keenley interested to hear what John had to say, and it's pretty much what I expected. No unknown revelations or insights, here. I like the way the audio continues during the end credits and ends with the ker-chunk sound of the stop switch.
March 12, 2008
There is a cool animation to go along with Johns words in the interview. Even though the interview is almost 40 years old, it's as though he is talking about the world today.
February 29, 2008
My favorite of all the 2007 Academy Award Nominated Animated Shorts. Incredible!
½ February 27, 2008
So the idea is genious, not that it was planned or anything but what happened was genious. Sneaking into John Lennon's bedroom and stealing an interview, as well getting him to say some pretty amazing things, we all knew he said what he said, but it felt so raw and is still relivent today. However the rawness is a drawback. While very, very interesting its very, very difficult to understand what is being said. That's no one's fault but it is a drawback. The Animation is also mezmerizing however it moves a little too fast for my taste and therefore we lose alittle, but we also get so much. If you can watch it again, do! I think watching it a few times over might help make it better, but then it might take away the impact! Either way a very well done short by a group of Canadians!
February 26, 2008
Just wish there was better sound, but hell, it's pretty good for 39 years ago...
February 26, 2008
A famous person once said, 'Art is what you can get away with.'
February 26, 2008
Hands down my favorite of the 2007 Academy Award Nominated Animated Shorts. I undoubtedly would have appreciated it more had I known anything about John Lennon.