I Saw What You Did - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Saw What You Did Reviews

March 30, 2016
This is the ancestor of 80's slasher movies.
½ April 15, 2015
Pretty good for its very dated era. The backing music was oddly chipper for a suspenseful picture, but it helped me laugh.
½ December 22, 2014
March 31, 2013
A pretty weak plot with some pretty bad acting and a soundtrack that sounds almost totally misplaced. There is very little to like in this outdated horror flick.
½ December 29, 2012
Interesting idea very poorly executed. Only Joan shines, and her turn is so obviously tagged on to pad out the film since she's largely superfluous. The weird Bewitched-sounding film score kills any suspense that might have been possible. Pretty dreadful really.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
½ August 7, 2012
I Saw What You Did is a decent suspense flick undone by a terrible choice of score and slow buildup. The choice too use a bandstand swing style score really makes it hard to take I Saw What You Did seriously. The buildup is slow and the movie only starts moving during the last half hour. The story isn't great but interesting enough yet William Castle just drug it out much longer than he should have. Nothing special to see but decent for an older suspense flick.
½ August 5, 2012
Quite a disappointment!
July 31, 2012
Joan Crawford hams it up in a big way, which is always entertaining, and the script plays with some clever ideas. It doesn't entirely come together at the end, however, and Castle's direction feels somewhat listless, but it's a decent B-grade thriller.
½ July 29, 2012
Kitschy fun, but a definite low in the Joan Crawford canon.
July 27, 2012
wastle + crawford= so so thriller
June 24, 2012
Classic B-Movie--Teens In Trouble Flick!!
April 3, 2012
Yeah. I saw you. Not last summer. Maybe yesterday. Who knows? But anyways I know you did something. Which will lead me to get revenge. Even if it has nothing to do with me.
½ April 2, 2012
March 31, 2012
Well let me say that, first of all, I am a William Castle fan. Second of all, I think the man WAS capable of making pictures that didn't involve gags or gimmicks. He made very few of them during the height of his career, mainly to silence critics who accused him of being a one-note filmmaker. That beind said, I was very disappointed with I Saw What You Did, which turned out to be (at least to me) one of the worst films he ever made. I haven't even seen them all yet and I know it has to be. This isn't even one of his movies where it's so BAD it's good. It's just bad. The kind of movie you'd find in the dollar bin at a rundown grocery store. Even so, I have to give it two stars. Mainly due to the fact that I'm actually a fan of William Castle and the concept is a pretty good one, but it just falls apart everywhere else in the process. The story is FAR longer than it needs to be. The intention, somewhat, is to turn screws in the tension itself, but it fails miserably...as does the horrible ending. The acting is terrible all around, even from a veteran Joan Crawford, who usually shines in these kinds of roles. The music is ludicirous, as well. I kept expecting to see kids on surfboards during moments in the score. What's sad is if a lot of that music had been excised from the flick, it might have fared a little bit better. And while they were at it, they could have trimmed the story down EXCESSIVELY and lopped off that goofy ending. It's just a mess altogether. See it if you're a William Castle fan. Otherwise, skip it...unless you want to see what NOT to do with a story.
½ March 18, 2012
pretty good for a 60's film. it's more comedy than horror, but it kept me interested.
March 11, 2012
I thought this was a good film, but the ending was kind of strange. One minute the girls (sisters) are crying and afraid, and the next they are giggling and laughing. This seems to occur a lot with 1950s and 60s TV shows. I guess it's like seeing the positive out of a negative.
½ March 1, 2012
There's the score that is quirky, distracting and harking back to sitcom days, Joan Crawford is draped in diamonds when she shouldn't be and the story, what story. This is messing with my head.
½ October 3, 2011
This could have been a good movie, but it felt unbalanced. There are two worlds being shown: the young girls and the murderer. The parts with the girls keeps the movie light and fluffy and dull, but the part with the murderer start out dull and get more interesting towards the end. We never really learn a lot about the murderer, though. And there's a shower scene that obviously is supposed to remind us of Psycho. Overall, this movie could have been better.