I Tried - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Tried Reviews

August 3, 2012
My fav group of all time!!! The acting in the beginning is not so good but as it goes along the Bones get better at it. Would of been 1000 time better with Bizzy Bone in it since I really enjoyed him in Jacked Up. Great ending thats why I give it 5 stars BTNH4LIFE!!!!!!!!
½ April 17, 2011
This movie went straight to DVD. Made a left and hopped right into the clearance bin just to the left of Cashier #2. Only to be flipped over to show its back cover, peaking an interest in Hip-Hop fans reminiscing on the golden era. "But its only $4.99". *Sigh*
December 14, 2009
no bizzy or flesh? no dice
½ December 7, 2009
could of been a 5star movie because of my boys, Bone Thugs N' Harmony but took half a star off for the absent of members, Bizzy & Flesh.the movie is set after what happened if they never met Eazy-E.bone went theirs seperates way doing their own thing.the movie has street drama,hip-hop,drugs,violence & the acting is not too bad from BTNH.however the ending didnt do it me though,disappointing.but still,its Bone.
E.1999 ETERNAL wot!!!
August 28, 2009
Not bad... there is truth in the first part but the rest is made up, I hope they make a real one next time and including Bizzy Bone... but otherwise a good movie for Bone Thuggin' Fans ^_^
July 25, 2009
LOVE THIS even tho it aint true n i doubt lay wldve ended up wit tht job but still great movie bout wat cldve been
May 26, 2009
man i love dis movie....bone 4 life
March 7, 2009
I love Bone Thugs to death. Their music and message is as real as it can get. That said, I think the title for this film is an apt summary of their cinematic efforts. They tried to make a good film with a compelling story, I can tell, however I think the film got caught up in a few too many clich├ęs and rehashed themes. Did they fail? No, but I wouldn't call this the biggest success either. For starters some of the acting and dialog is painfully amateur, particularly from my favorite member, Wish. The plot of the film is clunky and the resolution makes you feel as if you wasted your time. Some of the plot points are not well defined either, seemingly thrown in just to move the story along. The biggest problem I had concerning this was the jump in time presented in the story. It was completely unrealistic. The characters are talking about things that happened 6 years ago as if they happened yesterday.

For a Bone Thugs fan it's good entertainment I guess. They could have come up with a MUCH better story though, in my opinion.
January 27, 2009
Well made and thought up. Tho it is mainly made up it does a good job of showing how easily a choice or even circumstances can change your whole life.
½ November 22, 2008
Bone thugs N haremony!!!i luv tis movie!!!
½ October 21, 2008
Didn't really care for it, I recorded it on the DVR from TV so a lot of stuff was cut out. Maybe if I rented it from the movie house it would be better, since I'm a big fan of Bone Thugs.
½ October 10, 2008
if ur a bone thugs n hrmony fan its a good movie
July 30, 2008
I am a huge Bone Thugs fan. This is a great depiction of what could have happened if Bone did not meet up with Easy E. Krayzie, Layzie, and Wish bone make this movie officially worth while. A must see for any Bone fan.
July 3, 2008
best movie in the world
June 15, 2008
this movie is sick especially if ur a fan of bone thugs like me
June 1, 2008
I Love This Movie
its my #1 favorite
May 30, 2008
i miss tha rest of them
½ May 20, 2008
Rap group (Bone Thugs N'Harmony) head from Cleaveland to LA to make it big but fail. Six years later the trio have gone there seperate ways (one's a cop, one's a drug dealer, one cleans up road kill for the city) only to find fate is bringing them together one last time. Not a fan of rap, and I haven't listened to too much of Bone Thugs N'Harmony but this was a pretty good movie, even if it was somewhat predictable. Good acting from the cast. Worth checking out.
½ April 22, 2008
Well played out story, good direction, Excellent acting from the cast...except maybe Wish...but ye this was an alright movie.