I Witness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Witness Reviews

January 4, 2015
An oldie movie but it wasn't too bad with an interesting storyline.
½ October 15, 2011
Given the star power, I would have expected a better presentation. Not at fault, for being a "bad" movie, however, it's slow build and "made for tv movie" feel, left much to be desired.
½ June 9, 2011
Despite the best efforts of Jeff Daniels and the criminally underutilized James Spader, I Witness falls flat. The script is a bit of a mess, the action sequences bland and uninspired, giving the film an overall TV movie feel. While Portia de Rossi, partner to Ellen Degeneres, is sexy, she was a liability for this film.
February 7, 2011
W: 1. Not the best but if you are bored...
½ June 3, 2010
Loved it. Solid acting and a great ending. I didn't know a thing about the movie before watching it so I was very pleasantly surprised by this one.
June 3, 2010
Interesting film. I found that it was quite easy to lose the plot if distracted - not that that's a bad thing! I just wasn't in the mood for paying attention. It tends to go off on tangents making it hard to keep track of good v. bad, but it resolves itself nicely at the end.
½ June 3, 2010
Bland thriller, it's all very familiar. The cast is nothing special either. Way too slow moving and the lack of character development doesn't help keep the viewer interested. It's one of those movies where you wonder why they even made it.
½ February 24, 2010
Bland thriller, it?s all very familiar. The cast is nothing special either. Way too slow moving and the lack of character development doesn?t help keep the viewer interested. It?s one of those movies where you wonder why they even made it.
November 25, 2009
A very solid story which kept you engaged with interesting twists on more common themes. A message was delivered here. As the story progressed it just kept on drawing you in while changing your impressions throughout the course of the movie. Very well written. The story overshadowed the acting but you know they were working hard to keep up.
½ October 27, 2009
Good movie. Compelling storyline. The never-ending fight for injustice in a poor region of Mexico.
September 18, 2009
Good storyline and although bit slow during middle of film both the good start and ending made up for it.
August 11, 2009
It manages to highlight a lot of different issues around crime and smuggling in a 3rd world border town with a first world county, but does it as a very entertaining political thriller first and foremost.
August 11, 2009
wow umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch...its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that wade williams, portia de rossi, pablo cunqueiro, jeff daniels, jordi caballero, mark carlton, james spader, clifton collins jr, adriano gonzalez play good roles/parts thorughout this movie....i think that the director of this drama/political movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect thorughout this movie....i think that this is a really powerful drama movie but its a good movie 2 watch
July 12, 2009
I will have to re-watch this. Spader isn't in it very much. :(
½ June 21, 2008
WORST MOVIE I've EVER wasted my time on
½ March 14, 2008
C grade. Baaaaad script. Looked and felt low budget.

I was very disappointed...because I picked the movie for the cast - most of them them are usually in intelligent/and or thought provoking roles. (boston legal, sex lies and video tape, the big lebowski, the secretary etc)

I really enjoy James Spader's acting...and even he had trouble with his character's dialogue...i felt sorry for him - who could have gotten those staccato cliche phrases to sound natural?...
Definitely the most boring role I've ever seen him in. (And we all know how..."interesting"...he can be....)

As for Portia's role- it was also non-challenging - and plain old uninteresting (and I don't think she even WORE the short skirt that was premiered on the front cover.)

Jeff daniels did fine with what he had to work with...

The best thing about this movie was getting to see an actor who i had never seen in a starring role: clifton collins Jr. - played a mexican homicide cop who ends up playing alongside jeff daniel's character.

hope to see more of this actor in the future.

Hope to see
March 2, 2008
ok movie but with the setup of actors you schould expect more
January 22, 2008
An okay movie. Sad and happy ending at the same time.
½ January 3, 2008
This is all right, but as in any thriller, everything is connected.