I Am a Hero Reviews

• Feb 25, 2019

Solid Japanese zombie film. Unfortunately the script falls to pieces in the second half- the female lead is underwritten and the infected girl is pretty much forgotten about entirely. Still enjoyable with a nice streak of black humour.

• Jan 13, 2019

A fun Japanese zombie horror that's also funny. There are numerous holes in the movie ie when it's convenient the zombies are super fast, and when they need drama they're slower, etc. The acting is ok, the direction is great and the dialogue is fun. The protagonist is irritating at times (intentionally, hence he gets a chance to redeem himself in the end). Overall its a movie I'd recommend to zombie fans, but those looking for scares won't find any here.

• Oct 11, 2018

Solid zombie film. It's more of a character piece than we normally get in these, with a loser that rises to the occasion.

• Jun 11, 2018

I'm sad to say that I read the manga before even hearing about this film. I say "sad" because this movie ruined what was the best manga I have ever had the pleasure of reading. It turned a masterpiece of a story into your everyday run of the mill zombie flick. Comparable to, but no way as good as the remake of Dawn of the Dead, which I also felt was nowhere near as good as the original source material. Some of the many reasons I found this movie to be awful was that the story was unfinished, some scenes dragged on and where uncomfortably boring, Hideo's relationship with all the characters was poor and too undeveloped, and they spent too much time focused on scenes that never even existed in the Manga.

• Dec 27, 2017

A different take on a zombie movie, worth watching, but I wish it had been smarter.

• Oct 26, 2017

One of the best zombie movies EVER!

One of the best zombie movies EVER!

• Jul 17, 2017

Zombies made in Japan.

Zombies made in Japan.

• Jun 19, 2017

One of the best zombie horror movies i've seen in the pass years, i like Train to Busan but I am a Hero is even better, with a whole new kind of undead, this are zombies with little conscience and the way they look are bizarre. Definitely these are not ordinary zombies

• May 01, 2017

No es nada del otro jueves, aunque tiene algún momento un poco bestia que esta bien

• Apr 25, 2017

A very unique take on the zombie genre. I liked this movie so much, that I plan to check out the manga that it's based on.