I Am A Sex Addict - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Am A Sex Addict Reviews

½ August 14, 2017
Occasionally funny but more often comes off as merely self-indulgent.
May 11, 2013
sometimes i was losing track..but it's one fine movie,you gonna enjoy the autobiographical tale,the scenes..and the great dare by the filmmaker to discuss all his fetishes and relationships in front of the camera :)
December 27, 2012
I really wanna see this!
December 7, 2012
Papa has a brand new toy!
½ December 5, 2012
It's like something between documentary & mockumentary with a Woody Allen-ish kind of humour, Sometimes annoying sometimes funny sometimes uninteresting , sometimes pretentious & sometimes interesting
½ June 25, 2012
a story with such an original intimacy and narration. it is above normal cinema!
April 7, 2012
A very charming biographical comedy/drama that is quite powerful without letting you know so until the final hammer drops. An intensely personal memoir that plays in the Woody Allen school of relational ups and downs. My favorite things was every time Caveh would break in and remind us that this was a film, especially when he would show us the real people the characters were based on. This is great independent cinema in a way that completely reminds me that art can happen in very interesting ways. A great find ( via Netflix streaming)
½ December 3, 2011
An autobiographical comedy, presented in semi-documentary style that chronicles American independent director and screenwriter Caveh Zahedi's own sex addiction and its impact on his life, relationships, and film making...
His addiction was manifested by visiting prostitutes, and being open about this with his successive partners.
This is what makes for a real hard hitting documentary.
citawijaya
November 22, 2011
It was great at first but then it got boring and the funny narrative becomes annoying.
November 19, 2011
Despite a good bit of nudity, a clever concept, and the occasional chuckle, the only thing I really got out of this movie was something about the people we date being reflections of who we really are. Sadly, most of the time I watched this I felt bored. And seriously, what is up with the size of that guy's head?
November 14, 2011
At many times I wanted to slap the director/actor/writer and tell him to get over himself because he ain't hot/intersting/talented but as a whole I found his candor admirable and his story mildly compelling.
November 13, 2011
I just couldn't get into this one. The film has a very amateurish quality to it and I found the lead annoying. I can see how some people might find it funny, but it just didn't work for me. Skip it.
September 23, 2011
July 3, 2011
This docudrama is in fact not that tough to chase as we are surveying Zahedi's obsession to prostitutes and the result on his affiliations. This advance guard comedy will remain you involved, if only to observe what he will speak to his next girlfriend.

'Everyone have you meet in your entire life is nothing but a mirror for you, to discover yourself.'
May 26, 2011
April 2, 2011
I want the song I think its a cello or violin its like the only song playing slightly in the background through out the whole movie!
March 2, 2011
Good perspective on what it is like to be a sex addict
½ February 24, 2011
When i watched this movie, i actually really understand way of addicted to sex. It's a simple obsession actually, but i feel the way sexaddicts way of look.
So that's a success of the movie i guess...
And i also like the mix technics of filming also, the animations,
He use every piece in the right places... So it doesn't disturb you..
January 28, 2011
memorable, candid, and yes, moving.
January 23, 2011
The fact that this film was an amalgamation of live footage of the subjects, live footage of the actors, and actual time on-screen was truly unique. It's not a titillating film but an honest (plenty of humorous self-deprecation) portrait of a man who struggles to keep his sexuality from taking over his life.