I Am Bruce Lee - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Am Bruce Lee Reviews

July 13, 2016
Covers everything you need to know about Bruce Lee.
March 23, 2016
"AWESOME | LEGENDARY | IMMORTAL" (86-out-of-100)
½ January 9, 2016
Review:
What a great documentary about a unique man who will never be forgotten. I've seen many documentaries about Bruce Lee which haven't been that professional but this is a very well put together movie which shows different people's views about what they feel about this martial arts genius. I have seen a lot of the footage in this documentary before but you get to hear from his wife and his children how it was to be around Bruce Lee and how he dealt with certain matters. His death on the 23rd of July, 1973 at the young age of 32, has always been questionable, especially as he was such an active man who didn't show any symptoms of having any problems, so when he was diagnosed with cerebral edema, people started to put together there own stories about what caused his death. After many years of his passing, there hasn't been anyone who has come close to his unique style of Kung Fu and his philosophy behind his art form. This documentary really does show that he lived and breathed his own style of martial arts which is a combination of many different styles. It's hard to believe that a man, who only made 4 full movies in his career, made such a big impact in cinema today and I doubt that were going to see anyone like Bruce Lee again. Well, not in my lifetime! Great Watch!

Round-Up:
This documentary was directed by Peter McCormack who brought you other documentaries like Facing Ali, Hope In The Time Of AIDS, The Marijuana Wars and Uganda Rising, so he's known for his deep and emotional dramas about delicate matters. He was lucky to get so many people on board for this documentary, which includes stars from the movie, sports, UFC and martial arts world and the emotional interviews with the family members, close friends and his wife, made this movie a joy to watch. This is definitely a "Must Watch" for all of the Bruce Lee fans!

I recommend this movie to people who are into their documentary/biographies about Bruce Lee's amazing life, with interviews with Linda Lee Cadwell, Kobe Bryant, Mickey Rourke, Dana White and Gina Carano. 7/10
December 26, 2015
One of the best documentaries of Bruce Lee's life and his influence on today's world.
June 6, 2015
Covers some new ground that isn't normally touched upon in documentaries about Bruce Lee, in this case his legacy and influence. Most interestingly of all is the assertion by one man that Lee is the 'father' of MMA. Much of the interview footage has been seen numerous times, partially because there is very little to draw upon and like always the events surrounding his death are quickly passed over.
March 16, 2015
fantastic movie love it the best
February 4, 2015
Great documentary that told me many things I didn't know about the legend. Very well done. 4/5
February 3, 2015
Father of MMA. Nicely said. A good and up to date take for such a legendary figure.
September 17, 2014
the guy was amazing!
September 9, 2014
I own this on DVD and Blu-Ray
February 23, 2014
"If I tell you I am good, you will probably think I am boasting; if I then tell you I'm no good, you will know that I am lying."
January 25, 2014
Totally speechless. It's easy to say Bruce Lee is a legend! But a lot went into that legacy!
½ July 13, 2013
Essentially a praising and reverential documentary about the legend, perfect for Bruce Lee fans and martial arts fans in general.
May 15, 2013
This is an enjoyable documentary that explores both the life of Bruce Lee and the devoted cult of fanboys, actors, athletes that worship him.
May 10, 2013
Jason was born in South Detroit. When he turned thirteen, he took the midnight train going to his local Game X Change. He lived there for approximately a year. One day in the Game X Change bathroom, while he was staring at the smeared "Fly Poop on the Window Seal", he poked at his "Lamb Testicles" and knew it was time to masturbate. Fortunately for Jason, there was a Venus Fly Trap at the corner of the room. Jason thought to himself, "What if I can turn this 'Venus' Fly Trap, into a, 'Penus' Fly Trap? Then all of the pointless sex and orgies with my four year old sister would not have been so pointless!" Jason inserted his premature penis into the Venus Fly Trap, luckily it already had been erected as he watched a GamerTrilogy Video earlier on. Once the penis was inserted, the Venus Fly Trap snapped it right off, and Jason was never seen from again, until next time...
May 9, 2013
Compelling documentary tribute for Bruce Lee fans.
April 29, 2013
If you are a Bruce Lee enthusiast and you haven't seen this yet, then you're missing out. I found it very inspirational for my training. Must see documentary.
April 14, 2013
I am Bruce Lee is a great documentary about the legend of martial arts and who Bruce Lee was. A
March 27, 2013
gr8 doc the best i've seen on mr lee
January 20, 2013
While not hugely informative for people unfamiliar with Lee, it's great to listen to the various individuals talk about how Lee influenced them. As a huge Lee fan, I was greatly entertained.