I Am Sam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Am Sam Reviews

½ July 19, 2015
no la vi entera, pero lo que vi me dio penita
July 3, 2015
Conmovedora pelicula, las actuaciones son geniales
½ June 25, 2015
Great movie. The story was quite confusing at some points, but the whole "pacage" was good!
June 20, 2015
Why so much don rated wen it is undeniably powerful ?
June 17, 2015
Very manipulative...... but is it a bad thing? Ehhh I'm not sure where I stand on this one. Is it good or is it bad. Is it overplayed or just right? Hmmmm. If you are a fan of tear jerkers then check it out its not horrible there was some effort put into this.
June 16, 2015
Such a good film, one of Penn's best.
½ June 4, 2015
Overly melodramatic tripe.
May 17, 2015
Quite superb performances all around.
½ May 5, 2015
Its such a strong movie. Sean Penn plays the role soo good!
½ April 8, 2015
Amazing film......Sean Penn was outstanding this film ia completely underrated.
½ April 3, 2015
Great movie! Can't believe I missed watching it in 2001. Now I gotta see Vikram's version.
½ March 28, 2015
Great performance from Sean Penn but this is the kind of film who want to make you cry necessarily without prior warning. 5.5/10
February 28, 2015
One of my least favorite films ever, I Am Sam is a flood of cloying sentiment and reeks of Oscar desperation.
½ February 9, 2015
I'm not one to review movies of this type, and typically find myself bored with them. But this is a amazing movie. Sean Penn delivers his best performance, and the other actors do great as well. The cinematography is good, and so is the script. It's so sad, powerful, well done, and simply great. Sean Penns best movie
February 3, 2015
Penn is a hit or miss actor with me and I would consider this a hit but not as much as his outstanding performance in Milk. At times it felt phony but the more emotional scenes really shine. Michelle Pfeiffer is outstanding as ever and Laura Dern gives a great performance
January 30, 2015
a good movie, it was a sad movie how he couldnt keep his daughter but he wont give up
January 20, 2015
Fails at every level at being uplifting and inspirational. If anything, it patronizes the disabled. Sean Penn is an embarrassment here. He is not any bit convincing as a disabled man. This is a great story, squandered by Hollywood phoniness.
½ December 30, 2014
Outside of Sean Penns fantastic display of acting, I felt like the subject matter was forced into a long movie. I think they pounded the issue into the ground more than they should of. What was a great showcase for Penn was over casted by a convulted plot.
December 5, 2014
At times a bit hard to swallow, but otherwise average story about a father's love mixed in with some disabilities and great acting.
November 13, 2014
87%
Watched this on 13/11/14
Sean Penn provides his career best performance and you cannot see a better way in which an autistic character can be portrayed on cinema. Michelle Pfeiffer also provides an excellent work and Dakota Fanning is adorable. The film is well directed, but at times it(the script) seems unrealistic. You can make a film about such a sensitive issue and cover it all up in melodrama and you can provide an ending that one might believe to be most realistic, but isn't it what most films do? wouldn't that be a cliche? But unfortunately the critics do not understand it and most of them isn't even convinced of Penn's acting. It is easy to criticize because people who have nothing to do can do it easily, but the real pain is always there in the making of it. This movie has an ending that we all want to see and it presents that in a most realistic way that the script is capable of providing.