I Am Sam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Am Sam Reviews

½ January 22, 2016
I Am Sam is a decent film. It is about a mentally handicapped man who fights for custody of his 7-year-old daughter. Sean Penn, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Dakota give good performances. The script is a little slow in places. Jessie Nelson did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.
December 5, 2015
Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer were absolutely excellent in this. A must-see film. Heartfelt and dramatic. Such a beautiful movie. Nominated for an Oscar in 2002. It would have been awesome if Sean Penn would have won the Oscar. Overall a great movie! Bravo!
½ October 29, 2015
The first movie that made me cry
October 4, 2015
Imdb gives 7.6 from more than 110k votes and yet rt gives very poor rating for this film. unbelievable
October 3, 2015
A movie that means we'll but Sean Penn. Never go full retard
½ August 13, 2015
Best drama iv ever seen only one to ever make me cry other critics most likely dont understand how painful the circumstances in this movie actually are only thing i didn't like was how they never showed him in court for the final outcome
½ July 19, 2015
no la vi entera, pero lo que vi me dio penita
July 3, 2015
Conmovedora pelicula, las actuaciones son geniales
½ June 25, 2015
Great movie. The story was quite confusing at some points, but the whole "pacage" was good!
June 20, 2015
Why so much don rated wen it is undeniably powerful ?
June 17, 2015
Very manipulative...... but is it a bad thing? Ehhh I'm not sure where I stand on this one. Is it good or is it bad. Is it overplayed or just right? Hmmmm. If you are a fan of tear jerkers then check it out its not horrible there was some effort put into this.
June 16, 2015
Such a good film, one of Penn's best.
½ June 4, 2015
Overly melodramatic tripe.
May 17, 2015
Quite superb performances all around.
½ May 5, 2015
Its such a strong movie. Sean Penn plays the role soo good!
½ April 8, 2015
Amazing film......Sean Penn was outstanding this film ia completely underrated.
½ April 3, 2015
Great movie! Can't believe I missed watching it in 2001. Now I gotta see Vikram's version.
½ March 28, 2015
Great performance from Sean Penn but this is the kind of film who want to make you cry necessarily without prior warning. 5.5/10
February 28, 2015
One of my least favorite films ever, I Am Sam is a flood of cloying sentiment and reeks of Oscar desperation.
½ February 9, 2015
I'm not one to review movies of this type, and typically find myself bored with them. But this is a amazing movie. Sean Penn delivers his best performance, and the other actors do great as well. The cinematography is good, and so is the script. It's so sad, powerful, well done, and simply great. Sean Penns best movie