I Am Slave - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Am Slave Reviews

July 25, 2014
I am thrilled that modern slavery was brought to light through this movie. I know of many Sri Lankans, Pakistani's and Indians who are enslaved in Dubai, Saudi Arabia and the countries that advocate slavery. They believe that their God approves slavery. Some I know who were almost raped, but jumped out the balcony and escaped. This is so real, I hope all of us will fight it and eradicate it from this earth! It was heart wrenching!
April 14, 2013
another excellent flick!
April 13, 2013
This movie was an eye opener and sad to know that Africans are taken from their families and put into slavery.
½ March 25, 2013
Based on a true story, of a small girl kidnapped and sold to slavery in England. Apparently there are at least 5,000 cases like this in England alone...
½ March 25, 2013
Great movie. Very educational and riveting. Worth 9 lollies.
February 19, 2013
Emotional fantastic story!
January 5, 2013
This story gives us a view of slavery as it is today, in the first person, from the Sudan to London, not Hollywood but better. It doesn't diminish the dimensions of being a young girl enslaved in a strange land. Absolutely brilliant.
½ December 3, 2012
Unlike the book, which was in chronological order, the movie jumped around. It's really a shame because it could have been a much more powerful film if it were easier to follow.
½ May 26, 2012
La peli pasa un tanto lenta. Pero eriza la piel que al final digan que está basada en hechos reales; es insólito que haya esclavitud en pleno siglo XXI
April 4, 2012
Good could be better.
October 12, 2011
Based on a book called I am slave. Very sad but interesting story. My cousin was in this braap
October 9, 2011
Moving film sad fact to know that slavery still exists in this way, in what we deem to be a modern world.
½ September 30, 2011
I gave this movie a 1+1/2 for two reasons. One is because I liked the Africa scenes, and the other because the lead actress was quite good. Other than these two things, the movie has little to offer. From the title I would expect to see a girl getting kidnapped, and then going through some terrible situations. Instead, I saw her being spanked once because she played with the Master's kids, and then being sent to live in London like a housewife. Oh yes, once they locked her inside her room for punishment, so after all these hardships, one night, she decided to punch in the alarm code, open the door, and leave the house for good.
Ok, I do not say that the living conditions were nice, but it is not worst than the living conditions of thousands of Europeans nowadays. The word Slave suggests a huge amount of mistreatment. Verbal abuse. Physical abuse. Rape. We see the minimal amount of all these here. The title would be more accurate if it were "I was kidnapped and forced to be a Nanny".
Anyways, this movie is OK to watch, but if you missed don't worry about it...
September 4, 2011
Present day slavery.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." -- Marti Luther King Jr

The only blemish in this docudrama - almost the entire cast speak in BBC accent.
August 31, 2011
Incredibly moving film. Well worth watching.
August 8, 2011
A good film... worth watching!
Plot: 4*
Acting: 4*
Cinematography: 4*
½ July 12, 2011
Gives the in depth meaning of "Slave"
January 14, 2011
This is a magnificent and touching movie inspired by the life of Mende Nazer. It proves that human beings still have to evolve to the level where no person is superior to another.
October 10, 2010
this movie is touchy.... african government most stop child trafficking