I Bury the Living - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Bury the Living Reviews

November 17, 2010
This movie really keeps you guessing as to what is really going on until the very end. It's really cool, but kind of funny too. I like this movie.
½ October 12, 2010
this one is very cool
½ August 10, 2010
Newly appointed overseer at Immortal Hills discovers people die when he puts a black pin in their plot on the cemetery map. Was hoping to see some living dead when the graves were discovered empty but all is tidied up very cleanly by police.
½ July 18, 2010
When Robert Kraft is appointed chairman of the local cemetery he discovers that if he removes white pins from a map of the grounds and replaces them with black pins the living owners of the plots die suddenly with natural causes . Kraft soon becomes obbessed with the idea he in some supernatural way is responsible for the ghostly events in the supossible normal cemetery. For a low budget B-movie its just fantasic the acting from the lead Richard Boone is strong , the direction is just brilliant , and the cinema photography is stunning. A perfect Midnight movie 7/10
July 14, 2010
Solid ?B? horror flick, well acted, especially by Richard Boone. Genuinely creepy and it has an interesting story, a clever and original plot. The director and cast rise well above the budget. It's like a feature film version of a Twilight Zone story. Well photographed.
July 14, 2010
63/100. Solid "B" horror flick, well acted, especially by Richard Boone. Genuinely creepy and it has an interesting story, a clever and original plot. The director and cast rise well above the budget. It's like a feature film version of a Twilight Zone story. Well photographed.
½ July 1, 2010
Wow! This movie was pretty good
I think about I Bury the Living has is a good idea, this movie is about a cemetery worker who reserves graves who rich folks and old people, until one day he places black pins on this big board of the cemetery, and then all the people that reserves graves died, while it's not a very good story, i was quite surprised by how well executed it was. The acting wasn't bad either, neither is the filmmaking.
The thing is that they have a great setup, but then it all falls apart in the end of the story, and i just didn't really care for it at all, i was waiting for something to pick up to be interesting once again.
That's all i can really say about the movie, so yeah, how you've been?
½ April 8, 2010
What an original way to put a movie.
March 7, 2010
The first few minutes of this seemed really shoddy, but I found myself really digging this movie once it got started. The caretaker guy has a really silly accent, but he's actually pretty fucking creepy aside from that. This movie is about a businessman who comes into possession of a cemetery where putting a black pin on someone's cemetery plot can kill them instantly...or so it seems. The film is a really effective thriller, and Richard Boone does an awesome job as the protagonist, conveying a claustrophobic sense of panic very, very well. This is a very bare-bones movie, with no kills happening on screen, but don't let that deter you: the atmosphere is off the charts, and I really found this whole thing captivating and interesting when it got started. I couldn't predict where this was going even one bit, and the ending was definitely a surprise. Recommended.
½ December 30, 2009
This truly unique horror film is a great example of a good story instead of goory special effects, as seen in modern day horror films. Rather than having an all-out gorefest without any plot at all, the story is thrilling, creepy, and suspenseful, unlike most modern-day films. Richard Boone can definitely be seen as though he is being driven insane through his wonderful talent in this movie.
½ October 3, 2009
A member of the Chamber of Commerce is chosen to be the director of the local cemetery. Despite being assured the job will require very little from him, he finds himself obsessed wit the place when he believes he is causing the deaths of those who have reserved plots. He inadvertently uses the wrong color push pins on the map of the cemetery and the next day the owners of those plots are dead. It happens again and again and he starts to go insane from the power he believes he has. Pretty good and real creepy in parts ,but the ending may disappoint.
½ September 28, 2009
Not at all what I was expecting. This was such a laborious task to watch, since the movie just drags on and on, and the finale is just one lousy cop out. It was more of a whimper than a fright.
May 16, 2009
Back in high school, I remember reading about this movie in Stephen King's Danse Macabre, a non-fiction discussion of the horror genre. He mentioned the concept - that a man becomes convinced that his placement of black pins onto a graveyard map leads to people's deaths - and said that once the main character switched to white pins, the movie became...well, I think the phrase he used was "a piece of shit". Turns out, King was pretty dead on, except that this was never that good to begin with. It really is a neat concept, but even at 75 minutes this feels long and bloated - more like an episode of The Twilight Zone than a movie - and the mediocre acting and writing don't help things. There are a couple of nicely done scenes, but the plot just keeps getting worse and worse, and the final revelations are absolutely ludicrous. Still, at least my curiosity is finally assuaged.
½ May 2, 2009
Very suspenseful film worth checking out.
½ January 15, 2009
I loved this movie. It grows on you as you watch it. The more it progresses, the creepier it gets. One of my favorites from its era.
January 4, 2009
the first part of this was kinda boring and a waste, but as the story progressed, this got deeper and more entertaining. a newly appointed funeral director/cemetery owner gets a "grave" surprise when he unintentionally kills a couple people by putting a black pin on his map of graves. this is good for a watch or two.
½ October 22, 2008
GREAT idea but it's kind of slow. It's nice to see the origin of Groundskeeper Willie, though.
September 24, 2008
I expected 50s schlock and got a somewhat original horror story.
September 24, 2008
pretty lame its the same thing over and over again it eventually just gets too bad and deserves to be turned off
September 2, 2008
The movie it's self was kinda ehh... But it had a really unique plot.