I Can Only Imagine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Can Only Imagine Reviews

November 11, 2018
Make sure you have tissue paper near by, soon or later you will be crying. Good crying though.
October 30, 2018
Beautiful story. I was crying almost through out the entire movie. I love the message and the inspiration it gave me. I loved it
October 21, 2018
An inspiring movie on redemption and forgiveness! Also a great story to see a dream pursued by overcoming fear through following Christ!
½ October 19, 2018
not bad but i dont know why peoplele like this song so much :/
October 8, 2018
A really powerful movie
October 5, 2018
Great film with an amazin performance from Dennis Quaid.
October 4, 2018
Touching and inspiring. Not like any other films, it has something we really need to feel.. Love it.
September 29, 2018
That is a great movie
September 26, 2018
This movie was very inspiring, emotional, and reflective. Too few good Christian movies are coming out these days, and it does some good to see the breathtaking journey that is foretold during this one. The actors nail it perfectly, and there are emotional parts that brought tears to my eyes. Ignore the liberal critics, this film is a must see for the WHOLE family!
September 8, 2018
The song I CAN ONLY IMAGINE topped Christian radio charts, hit #4 on the mainstream Adult Contemporary charts and top 25 on Pop/CHR and Hot AC charts. This true story of the same title is every bit as amazing! Expect parts of the story to make you angry, but then your anger will be replaced with joy! Loved it...can't wait to see it again & again & again.
September 8, 2018
The far-reaching effects of the song was astounding, but I couldn't even imagine the amazing impact this movie would have on so many. Believer or non-believer, please see this movie and witness the true story of a life forever changed.
September 2, 2018
Just very heartwarming, well-done, and inspiring. Watched it twice because I just couldn't watch it once.
September 2, 2018
Every child should see this movie ...and every adult. If you have ever lived life, you'll benefit from it I promise. Get your kleenex.
½ September 1, 2018
I love I Can Only Imagine. It is tear jerking and super joyful at the same time. This movie tells the story of Bart Millard MercyMe's head singer and how his dad came to Christ. This movie shows how god is the light in the darkness and helps anyone through the hard times.
August 25, 2018
Tears for those who lost love of your parents. This movie is touching if you could ignore the touch of religion in it. Never collect memories!
August 23, 2018
I loved this movie! As a Christian, I am not always a fan of Christian movies. They tend to stereotype and be poor in quality. This is NOT the case for "I Can Only Imagine!" I challenge you to see it and not be impacted. The acting and singing are top of the line; the story is written wonderfully, but most of all, the healing of brokenness, the power of forgiveness, and the Love of God are highlighted. Loved it! This was the best acting I have ever seen from Dennis Quaid. He was amazing. I don't cry in movies, so I was caught off guard when those tears started to pour down my face and tried my best to keep from outright sobbing in the theater.
August 20, 2018
Very touching film. Well acted, creatively shot, and well written. I went into this expecting a low budget Christian forgettable and came out moved and changed. Watched it riveted twice in 24hrs. I especially enjoyed Dennis Quaid's performance. His best yet; I would even say worth an Oscar.
August 18, 2018
The movie attempted to merge 19 year-old Bart and 27 year-old Bart into one sequential narrative and the result was an awkward-looking 30 year-old actor in a high school uniform. The core problem is the movie changes enough details from the real story that it doesn't feel like truth is being represented here. It matters that there was a separation of 7 years (not days) between the time Arthur died and Bart writing the song. It matters that Bart had a brother who endured this suffering with him. It matters that the impetus for Arthur's abuse was a tragic work accident (not alcohol). It matters that Arthur became a Christian before Bart was singing worship sets at churches (and that it wasn't Bart who led Arthur to Christ). It matters that Bart had 4 years (not a few months) with his dying, born-again father. It matters that Amy Grant gave the rights of "Imagine" back to Bart long before a dramatic on-stage change of heart in front of hundreds of people. The true story of how "I Can Only Imagine" came to be is heartwarming in itself; there was no need to Hollywoodize this story.
August 13, 2018
A great movie for anyone struggling for answers to life's problems and questions. Faith based? Yes, but certainly far more life based. Dennis Quaid did a good job with his vision of the father. J. Michael Finley did an awesome job in the role of Bart. The movie is not too over the top religious, but does bring home the feelings of those with strong faith in God. This is one of those films that seeing it just once is not enough to catch every detail.