I Could Never Be Your Woman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Could Never Be Your Woman Reviews

January 2, 2015
A comedy / romance movie with M. Pfeiffer and it was a while back since i last saw her in any roles. This movie is quite okey and story is mainly about romance thing going on between an older woman and a younger man.. If u like this type of movies u can have a closer look.
November 27, 2014
classy and sweet romantic comedy
where Michelle Pfeiffer was lovely and gorgeous and Paul Rudd was young and promising
November 22, 2014
saw this few years ago and enjoyed jon lovitz character!! but the film itself was mediocre!
½ July 24, 2014
a NICE ROM COM WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS since it involves love story of a older woman with younger guy. Also here you find no villians but the conscience which tries to put a spoke in wheel. Also the comparison of first love and love at later stage of life is beautifully captured. Some more good moments would have made this film an classic. but still must watch.
½ July 2, 2014
It was an okay comedy, even though I felt that the whole invisible guru part of it was unnecessary and kind of destroyed the whole concept of the movie. Otherwise it was an entertaining comedy that tests how much age really matters.
June 8, 2014
Very funny, but those comments about being too old was sad at times. It´s just good thing to be child at heart no matter the age ;)
May 5, 2014
Was so boring I wanted to stop watching from the first 5 minutes.The only nice thing about this movie was the mother daughter relationship.
½ March 8, 2014
This is an easy, cute movie that covers some heavy subjects but keeps them very light. Paul Rudd is funny and very charismatic. It is quite believable that an older woman like Michelle Pfeffier would have her life turns upside down from him. Saoirse Ronan did a super job of being a young adolescent falling in love with all the angst that comes with being about 13. This is the movie that Saoirse makes before Atonement and gets thrust into mainstream movies.
This film went straight to DVD and that was the right direction. A perfect way to spend 1 1/2 hours just smiling at the tv at home.
½ February 19, 2014
Love this! lol! Cheesey, but totally nostalgiac, fun & i love the setting, & the characters.
Paul Judd is so dreamy. I like that he goes after what he loves here.
December 15, 2013
Scenes with M.Pfeiffer and S.Ronan are just great. The movie itself is nothing special, but the cast makes up for it.
November 25, 2013
Kepeä ja hauska elokuva, mutta välillä oli kyllä vaikeuksia olla vaihtamatta kanavaa... (Suom. Äidin poikaystävä)
November 25, 2013
Ihana aiti-tytarsuhde! Tasta jai hyva mieli. Ajattelin ensin että tassa on taas yksi kertakayttoelokuva mutta yllatti positiivisesti. You go girl vaikutti aivan kamalalta sarjalta.
½ October 21, 2013
It is a cute story - Both mother and daughter going through relationship issues. Michelle Pfeiffer is a single mom with a 13ish year old daughter. We sometimes wonder who is the adult between the two.
September 5, 2013
Mindless entertaining, but really stupid movie!
September 3, 2013
Funny rom com, perfectly balanced film with some good funny moments especially with Paul Rudd.
August 4, 2013
Rubbish! One of the most annoying films I've watched. She's acting too young and he's trying too hard to be funny! He's creepy, weird and annoying. My teenage daughter who loves romantic comedies hates this film! 1 start!
July 31, 2013
Bom, divertido, correto, só.
June 25, 2013
I read the plot for this and it seemed both generic in places and similar in part to This is 40 (the presence of Paul Rudd and a comedy where one issue is the age of the 40yr old female lead). It also appearedto be straight to DVD as I'd never heard of it before. I was suspicious, but it was worth a look because of the cast.

Paul Rudd was as Paul Rudd always is in comedies. Fans of his would probably like his performance. He was ideally suited to his role too. Michelle Pfeiffer was ok, but nothing special. Others could have played her character - and possibly done better.

Pleasingly, the plot isn't 100% generic, but it was predictable and it just seemed a little cheaply done in places. There certainly wasn't that much complexity.

If you want something fairly funny, where you don't have to concentrate that hard and features familiar faces, then you may want to try this. It's not Oscar winning, but it's not absolutely terrible either.
½ May 23, 2013
This. Was so. STRANGE! I have no idea... what I actually thought. Michelle Pfeiffer and Paul Rudd were absolutely adorable together. Saoirse Ronan was really good and it was nice seeing her not play an EVIL little girl, but a nice, pretty much normal one. Paul Rudd was adorable. But, it kinda seemed like they told him to do WHATEVER HE WANTED and he totally ran with it and did... whatever he wanted. It wasn't bad it was just kind of shocking, haha. It didn't really seem like there was any conflict. Like, they'd introduce some... AND THEN IT'D BE FIXED RIGHT AWAY. I didn't not like this movie, I actually liked it a lot, but it was very strangely done. I have an even bigger crush on Paul Rudd now, though. So, there's that.
April 8, 2013
Probably the worst movie I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. Thin, poorly-drawn characters. Precocious kids saying implausible things. The obligatory bien-pensant Hollywood anti-Bush scene (in this case, made even more silly by being a protest song written by a, uh, 12 year old). Everything about this movie, apart from the star-thudded cast (what were they thinking? Who has the bestiality negatives?) was cringeworthy. Like that second packet of crisps: unnourishing, worthless, and nauseating...