I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell Reviews

• Jan 18, 2019

I don’t ever usually write reviews unless a movie really sticks out to me. This is definitely a top 5 worst movie I’ve ever seen. Incredibly hard to watch and I hope no one under 16 never has to sit through this disaster.

• Oct 22, 2018

Entertainment comedy at its most abrasive, probably made a better book.

Entertainment comedy at its most abrasive, probably made a better book.

• Jan 13, 2017

A aside from a few inspired moments, this is badly acted unfunny, unpleasant shit, filled with obnoxious characters.

• Jul 18, 2016

It can provide a few laughs but the character of Tucker Max is excruciatingly unlikable and just makes you wanna throw your "middle-finger" at the screen.

• Jun 30, 2016

I found this movie to be extremely funny. It is not a movie for an unopened minded person.

• Jun 30, 2016

Def a guy movie. but it's hilarious, and have to be open minded for this one.. *** 1/2 stars

• May 02, 2015

There's a point all are missing here. Better movies like The Hangover and Old School don't ask us to question the culture of drinking and debauchery. They only celebrate it. Those movies are good in their own ways, but the point is they are a different genre. Whether purposeful of not, Max shows us the dark side of the overpriliged sexist party culture that is everywhere in America. We came to have a good time, but leave the movie with a deep, dark sadness after seeing what a meaningless life people like Tucker Max have. The movie is not a comedy but a curious dark tragedy. Think of the story in the tradition of Bukowski or Hunter Thompson. The interest is to see how deep and dark people can fall, and what we learn about ourselves in viewing this. Of course, probably this movie was intended to be funny and cool, and just discovers this bizarre world as Max is awful at making film. Apologies to Bukowski and Thompson for mentioning both in the same line as Max, as those are actually good authors and worthy human beings. ---------------- But still, one has to wonder about a few things. There were funny, entertaining anecdotes in the books. There was even funny bar dialog. Why did Max choose only the worst stories and dialog to reproduce? I imagine his subconscious made a heroic save to sabotage the movie. As nobody knows how shit this macho party culture is more than Max, he deep down wanted to save others from it. Max leads a sad life, but at least has enough intelligence to share it with others. When he dies, he should not think, 'I led a completely meaningless life'. He should think, 'I led a completely disgusting, meaningless life that was at least moderately well documented.'

• Aug 18, 2014

I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes ...

I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes ...

• May 22, 2014

You could say this movie was too crude, flat, and void of any spirit. But the laughs it did provide were frequent and long.

• Mar 06, 2014

Wtf??? What is this crap? This could of been amazing.. Stick to the book and would have been awesome not completely change it.. so disappointed.