I Know What You Did Last Summer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Know What You Did Last Summer Reviews

½ May 29, 2017
One of the only Scream-clones to come out of the 90s that was pretty good itself. Not Scream good, but there is a cool killer, likeable cast and a solid revenge plot. I may be biased though, 'cause I was just the right age when it came out.
½ May 26, 2017
There was a time when my older brother convinced me that all the movies and tv shows I watched were connected. As a fan of Buffy I was absolutely horrified by this movie. Like, why was she running away, and now wasn't she fighting back. Traumatizing.

And this is more of a whodunnit than a slasher. There's not much slashing going on. But it's strange because it's literally impossible to guess who's the killer. Oh, well. Still a fun flick.
February 13, 2017
This movie I give it 5,stars because for me I love horror movies. I can't tell you what's it's about cause then all ruin it for you guys but all tell you this , grab your DR pepper and popcorn and sit and get comfortable because this movie will keep you the edge of your seat .
February 11, 2017
I'd probably like this more than I care to admit
February 5, 2017
It's scary and tense and has everything you want in a slasher film. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
December 27, 2016
First half of the movie is interesting for a Slasher, but the second half was so... made up?
½ October 13, 2016
This is a decent slasher and mystery with a pretty good cast.
September 17, 2016
What's not to like about a psycho who kills with a hook? Pretty decent flick...sure there are better horror movies out there but it was still pretty cool.
½ August 11, 2016
entertaining enough. I always saw it as a "not as good Scream".
½ August 7, 2016
Fast paced plotline, and quite enjoyable. There's a few moments that will get the heart racing
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Typical teenage slasher/horror film nothing new and just about watchable.
½ July 22, 2016
Jennifer Love Hewitt's "scream" sends chills down my spine every time.
July 19, 2016
A better than average teen horror film that follows the expected terror road, but offers some fine moments of suspense. The sequels, however, were embarassingly bad.
July 5, 2016
Such a cliched film. Almost everything in this movie fails. The characters are moronic, the settings are overly cliched, and the jumpscares in this film are predicable. I didn't get scared once in this film. I tried to give this film a chance but I just couldn't get into it. The characters are just incredibly generic, 2-dimensional, unlikable, and annoying to the point where I just couldn't root or care for any of the anyone during their dire circumstances. What's worse is that film fails to create any tension which is the most important aspect to a horror movie. It isn't helped when the film finally gets to that stupid end reveal. None of it is particularly interesting considering the rest of the film was just so boring.

Final Verdict: 4/10
½ June 5, 2016
Writer Kevin Williamson is unable to transfer his imaginative knack for deconstructing the rules of the horror genre that he displayed in Scream, despite a solidly chosen cast and a serious-minded story.
April 1, 2016
Teen slasher. Enough said!
October 19, 2015
Another Halloween season staple that helped reignite the slasher genre.
September 23, 2015
One of the best 90's slasher movie. The powerfull performances by the actors, mainly by Sarah Gellar and the sharp thrills that this movie bring to us are enough to construct this original story full of suspense.
September 23, 2015