I Know What You Did Last Summer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Know What You Did Last Summer Reviews

½ October 13, 2016
This is a decent slasher and mystery with a pretty good cast.
September 17, 2016
What's not to like about a psycho who kills with a hook? Pretty decent flick...sure there are better horror movies out there but it was still pretty cool.
½ August 11, 2016
entertaining enough. I always saw it as a "not as good Scream".
½ August 7, 2016
Fast paced plotline, and quite enjoyable. There's a few moments that will get the heart racing
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Typical teenage slasher/horror film nothing new and just about watchable.
½ July 22, 2016
Jennifer Love Hewitt's "scream" sends chills down my spine every time.
July 19, 2016
A better than average teen horror film that follows the expected terror road, but offers some fine moments of suspense. The sequels, however, were embarassingly bad.
July 5, 2016
Such a cliched film. Almost everything in this movie fails. The characters are moronic, the settings are overly cliched, and the jumpscares in this film are predicable. I didn't get scared once in this film. I tried to give this film a chance but I just couldn't get into it. The characters are just incredibly generic, 2-dimensional, unlikable, and annoying to the point where I just couldn't root or care for any of the anyone during their dire circumstances. What's worse is that film fails to create any tension which is the most important aspect to a horror movie. It isn't helped when the film finally gets to that stupid end reveal. None of it is particularly interesting considering the rest of the film was just so boring.

Final Verdict: 4/10
½ June 5, 2016
Writer Kevin Williamson is unable to transfer his imaginative knack for deconstructing the rules of the horror genre that he displayed in Scream, despite a solidly chosen cast and a serious-minded story.
April 1, 2016
Teen slasher. Enough said!
October 19, 2015
Another Halloween season staple that helped reignite the slasher genre.
September 23, 2015
One of the best 90's slasher movie. The powerfull performances by the actors, mainly by Sarah Gellar and the sharp thrills that this movie bring to us are enough to construct this original story full of suspense.
September 23, 2015
½ September 12, 2015
As a whole it isn't amazing. But it's premise is definitely good, and it has some quite good moments in it. It's worth a watch.
½ July 30, 2015
I know what you did last summer has a premise with potential and a well talented teen cast. But all those elements aren't enough for the film's rote approach and generic slasher cliches
½ July 14, 2015
"I Know What You Did Last Summer" is a run of the mill horror film with flat characters and so few good scares that the viewer can count them on one hook. This movie is known for launching the careers of its teen stars, but standing alone, it's far less impressive.
June 17, 2015
What the crap this movie has a killer that's wait's all summer just to terrorize a couple of teens. Terrible movie, not scary at all, the movie is scary just coming out in theaters.
May 10, 2015
Better than your average teenage slasher flick but more than a little generic.The real star is Love Hewitt's white sweater.
½ April 15, 2015
Hewitt gives a charismatic performance, but this falls short in many ways.