I Know What You Did Last Summer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Know What You Did Last Summer Reviews

September 7, 2017
Awful and not just because it is jam packed with horror cliches. The majority cast are bad, the majority of the characters I have no enjoyment in watching (which makes me thankful for the kills rather than horrified), it has way too many false jump scares all of which are accompanied by the most generic score and although the plot has a nice twist to it in the finale I had lost all interest by that point thanks in part to a weak script, boring interactions between the characters and zero tension throughout.
September 4, 2017
An attractive young cast and some effective scares can't save this formulaic slasher film from diving into the territory of predictable and unnecessary. Jennifer Love Hewitt, Freddie Prinze, Jr., Ryan Phillippe, and Sarah Michelle Gellar portray four friends who accidentally run a man over one summer and leave the scene of the crime. Said man comes back to wreak havoc on them the following summer. There are points in the film where the plot line becomes so insanely convoluted that all the fun of the slasher fare is taken away. A passable ending salvage it from sinking to the lower echelons of the slasher barrel.
August 27, 2017
Guilty pleasure. This, and the sequel's, reviews, were supposed to be written yesterday, 8/26/17, but are being written today, 8/27/17.
½ July 25, 2017
A surprisingly good horror movie. I came into this expecting it to be horrible, and I came out wanting to see the sequel! This movie has one of the best plots I've seen in a horror movie. The killer is cool, and the notes he sends the teenagers are creepy. The acting is really good as well. The finale is ok. The ending is perfect, just what I was hoping for. The twist ending is confusing, to fully understand. Overall a really great horror movie that even non-horror lovers should watch!
½ June 28, 2017
Good, and decent scream, idol film, this film gives a good clever type of twist with relentless captions and gore, but of course for its kind i cant give all credit for its truley cool, work of art form, it does give a memorable weapon such as the fish hook , total 3.7/5
June 25, 2017
i really want to watch it
June 16, 2017
This is another example of a good amount of horror and cheese. This movie is on the list of "Top Teen Horror Films". This film has an interesting storyline and a great cast. The soundtrack is great too. Freddie Prinze Jr and Johnny Geleki are my favorites in this film. Definitely a watch for all horror fans.

Rating: 8.0/10
June 2, 2017
"I Know What You Did Last Summer" is now one of my all time favourite horror/thriller movies! I was interested the entire time and the movie was so great overall. If you want to watch a great horror movie this is the movie you should watch! I can't wait to go and watch the second film!
June 2, 2017
½ May 29, 2017
One of the only Scream-clones to come out of the 90s that was pretty good itself. Not Scream good, but there is a cool killer, likeable cast and a solid revenge plot. I may be biased though, 'cause I was just the right age when it came out.
½ May 26, 2017
There was a time when my older brother convinced me that all the movies and tv shows I watched were connected. As a fan of Buffy I was absolutely horrified by this movie. Like, why was she running away, and now wasn't she fighting back. Traumatizing.

And this is more of a whodunnit than a slasher. There's not much slashing going on. But it's strange because it's literally impossible to guess who's the killer. Oh, well. Still a fun flick.
February 13, 2017
This movie I give it 5,stars because for me I love horror movies. I can't tell you what's it's about cause then all ruin it for you guys but all tell you this , grab your DR pepper and popcorn and sit and get comfortable because this movie will keep you the edge of your seat .
February 11, 2017
I'd probably like this more than I care to admit
February 5, 2017
It's scary and tense and has everything you want in a slasher film. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
December 27, 2016
First half of the movie is interesting for a Slasher, but the second half was so... made up?
½ October 13, 2016
This is a decent slasher and mystery with a pretty good cast.
September 17, 2016
What's not to like about a psycho who kills with a hook? Pretty decent flick...sure there are better horror movies out there but it was still pretty cool.
½ August 11, 2016
entertaining enough. I always saw it as a "not as good Scream".
½ August 7, 2016
Fast paced plotline, and quite enjoyable. There's a few moments that will get the heart racing
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Typical teenage slasher/horror film nothing new and just about watchable.