I Love Trouble - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Love Trouble Reviews

April 19, 2015
It shows on screen how much these two actors didn't get along even if there characters are basic paper cutouts.
September 13, 2014
Painful to watch. Arguably one of the worst script you could come across, but the performances were not much better. Awful film.
July 25, 2014
Mediocre romantic comedy, I Love Trouble is a film that had the potential of being much better than what it turned out to be. The film suffers from a wooden script, and in turn, the film becomes, tedious and dull to the point that you lose interest in what you're watching. I wanted the film, and felt it should really have stood out, but there weren't any good enough moment to let the film really shine through. I felt it was just a poorly constructed effort, one that didn't try to entertain, and considering what it tried to do with its story, it's surprising that the filmmakers couldn't deliver anything remotely interesting. I felt that this film was a wasted opportunity, one that should have been much better than this. As it is it, it's just not entertaining and it has plenty of clichéd fiddled moments that brings down the film a bit. This could have been quite interesting if more effort would have been put into the film's story in order to make it less formulaic. Unfortunately, it's just another rom-com that never does anything with its ideas and cast. If you're expecting something that will entertain you, you'll be disappointed as the film just doesn't have anything going for it to warrant a viewing. Like I said, if the film would have had a few rewrites, maybe its ideas could really have worked, but this is a film that is ordinary, as if it was made with the same old genre ideas to create something that doesn't do anything worth seeing.
½ June 1, 2014
It's boring. I don't want to watch it again.
December 30, 2012
This movie was funny and good. This is a must see for people who like romance but funny movies.
December 25, 2012
This was a smart and entertaining comedy. Julia Roberts, as usual, was nothinThis was nothingg short of captivating. Nick Nolte was better here than I have seen him in past appearances. He and Ms. Roberts did seem to have a genuinely good connection on screen.
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
August 6, 2012
One of the worst posters to date.
April 21, 2012
Never tire of a good script and good acting
December 1, 2011
Just a couple of huge stars having a little fun.
August 14, 2011
that was one of the worst movies. can't believe i watched that at the cinema, well i couldn't get into bars at the time lol
July 28, 2011
I've seen I Love Trouble several times and it never gets old. It is from the early 90s but is a story that is still entertaining today. Nick Nolte and Julia Roberts play competing reporters at different newspapers in Chicago. When a major story breaks, they both compete to scoop each other, but ultimately decide to team up when it becomes clear that their lives are endangered. Julia Roberts shines in one of her first leading roles, showing us what got her to be known as America's sweetheart. Nick Nolte is also fantastic. He is a very good actor who doesn't get many good roles anymore, because of his past. It's good to see him playing a likeable character instead of making a cameo as a psychotic drunk. I Love Trouble, and I love this movie. It's a great story with an excellent cast and thoroughly entertaining.
½ March 8, 2011
suspenseful and funny! roberts is evidently fantastic as always!
funny to see rutherford in this movie as well (although in a rather small role)!
i like reporter stories and mysteries and this film elegantly combines both!
rare roberts film I hadn't seen prior to now, i can warmly recommend it though! :)
½ February 12, 2011
So sad I've seen this.
½ February 5, 2011
cute romcom. not bad, but not great.
½ January 7, 2011
Complete tosh, a film that makes you wish you were blind.
July 20, 2010
Not a bad film, but not a great one either. Definitely watchable with a somewhat interesting plot involving corporate conspiracy and terrorism. Interesting but thinly veiled references to the Bovine Growth Hormone (rBST) controversy in milk that arose in 1994 (the year the movie came out).

Saw this on Greek TV (original language, subtitled in Greek).
½ June 7, 2010
I thought this movie was funny and clever. This movie is great to watch when you got nothing better to do. The only reason I watched it was because of Nolte and Roberts but the movie isn't one of my favorites.