I Ought to Be in Pictures - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Ought to Be in Pictures Reviews

½ November 30, 2014
Not among Simon and Ross' funniest collaborations, 'Pictures' still serves as a moderately amusing romp through the ups and downs of Tinseltown life. A dynamic lead trio and enough quick banter help cover its rather simple tale of father & daughter reunion.
½ May 1, 2013
so so drama based on a neil simon play
January 22, 2013
I was worried this movie would come off as dated, but it really doesn't. The story stands the test of time and the movie industry hasn't changed at all it seems. Written by Neil Simon, scenes tend to feel stage-y, but it works okay. I did find it a bit hard to sit through, but for the most part the writing and acting was spot on. Kind of wish the resolution was stronger as it kind of has a "stage" ending which doesn't feel as satisfactory.
January 12, 2011
If I had a father in Hollywood who was a screenwriter that I hadn't seen in a couple years & there was maybe a chance he'd hook me up, I might move to Hollywood to.I watched this movie just because it had Walter Matthau in it & he was OK I guess but it wasn't all that great.I found Dinah Manoff's character to be annoying & whiny
August 11, 2010