I Spit on Your Corpse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Spit on Your Corpse Reviews

June 28, 2012
Awesome grindhouse action flick.
February 16, 2011
I have yet to see an exploitation film I don't like. It doesn't matter how thin the plot is, how bad the acting is, how fake the effects are, somehow I just can't help but love them.
January 1, 2011
This movie was so stupid, but unintentionally funny anyway. I couldn't decide weather I liked it or not, so I'll say it's just okay.
½ June 24, 2010
Probably my favorite Adamson flick. Great seeing Georgina Spelvin...though its definetly no "Devil in Miss Jones" ... :)
½ February 25, 2009
Wow... no poster found. That's a blessing. But here it is... the movie I'm so embarrassed I sat through that I almost think I shouldn't even be admitting it to my dearest friends.

Sooooo... I thought this was going to be a 70's horror film, and I guess I based this on the use of the word "corpse" in the title and I got pretty excited by the opening cause it's like awesome-cheap-weird-color-bad-typography stuff, right? You know... THE 70'S!

Well there's no corpses, and it took me a really long time to figure out that what this movie WAS was just a really badly written movie about a group of female criminals who like to kill with their shirts off. (Maybe so they don't get blood on their dry-clean-only clothes, maybe cause killing makes you hot in the desert... maybe cause it's just cheap pulp.)

That pretty much sums it up. It was so bad that a more clever person could have quite a lot of fun (a la MST3K) providing their own commentary. And I had some fun trying to guess what ridiculous reason would present itself for any new female character to take THEIR shirt off (turns out - hitchhiking, reading books, staring at mountain streams, and being a masseuse are all acceptable situations) and indeed by the time it was all over every girl had taken their shirt off except for one... and I theorize she died the worst death because of it.

Its presence on the Netflix "instant demand" section (who also inaccurately filed this as a horror movie by the way) would seem to indicate that a lot of people enjoy this as some sort of cult classic.

But I think maybe not.

I can't imagine anyone enjoying this movie... because even if you love 70's pulp, arising out of the middle of a sort of cheeky/sexy/stupid movie is what is probably the 2nd most disturbing rape scenario ever (the rape scene in "Deliverance" being the 1st) that was so bad I actually pointed at the screen and started screeching THAT'S NOT RIGHT THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT.

Really terrible. I would say everyone should stay away. I think everyone else has had that natural instinct anyway.