I Spit on Your Grave 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Spit on Your Grave 2 Reviews

July 13, 2016
Excellent! The plot has a twist that is pleasantly surprising and well developed! This one will keep you guessing on the edge of your seats! Way better than part 3!
July 9, 2016
Like my previous review for the first one... Second movie is by far the worst one
But the third and first are amazing. The second one is its own film. This one has the girl raped several times by different people. Its unique and interesting in a morbid way. Only true horror fans can handle this movie. Its not for everyone, the silly negative reviews that bash this franchise is definitely not necessary. Its horror for a reason. I have yet to see the original, but i enjoyed the first and third movie. Believe it or not, these are considered feminist films. Well made films over all, the different actresses did a great job... Considering they had to play a woman getting raped multiple times. This movie does not deserve the bad reviews that some people have made. Give it a shot your self!
½ June 14, 2016
Don't watch this boring piece of shit, avoid it.
½ May 30, 2016
5/30/2016: Meh. The actress was gorgeous. Her wrath was deserved and graphic.
½ April 30, 2016
Half as inventive and twice as gruesome as its predecessor, I Spit on Your Grave 2 isn't the breath of fresh air the first Grave was, but for horror fans willing to sit through the prolonged torture of rape before receiving the juicy payback, this sequel yields deeply satisfying rewards.
April 19, 2016
Yeah... no thanks.

Just about everything that I have to say about this one, I've already said about the previous installment so I won't repeat it here (you can find my review of the original on here somewhere).

All I'll add is that this one follows the exact same formula, thus making it less interesting, and by trying to outdo the original with its horribleness, it only manages to become more repellent.

A few showers later and you'll probably still feel covered in soot after seeing this.
March 26, 2016
A young writer is abducted from her New York apartment, and brought to another country and his raped and tortured. She's able to escape her captors to get her revenge and try to make it back home. This one is pretty graphic like the 1978 original.
February 26, 2016
Revenge is best served cold, not rushed.

I know what a lot of people are thinking right now, "Matt, why in the hell would you even watch this movie? and you hated the first movie, so why bother watching it and reviewing it?". That's a good question, because I don't know myself. I just watch a lot of things that are either good or bad, but with "I Spit on Your Grave 2" I knew off the bat that I was going to hate it, but for reasons of what brought myself into watching it sadly can't be answered, or maybe I'm just a fool for watching movies like this.

Okay, all that aside now. So what did I honestly think of this movie, well I can start off by saying that I didn't like this movie at all, not because of it's absurd rape scenes or it's cartoonist torture scenes, but because it was really boring. Are main character goes out for revenge for those who kidnapped her, violently raped her and left her for dead, but the problem is that when she does get her revenge, I never felt satisfied and it was kinda rushed. I also found it kind of strange that she knows where they all are at the right time. The movie tries to be shocking and it fails at doing that.

Overall I Spit on Your Grave 2 is freaking terrible and very dull to watch. It's basically a rehash of the first movie when you compare the two. The acting wasn't convincing, it isn't original, it's execution was poor and when Katie (Jemma Dallender), tries to act hard and scary when she goes on her revenge spree, it was very laughable at times.
February 14, 2016
While it initially showed promise, the second half holds it in the balls and crushes it.
½ February 12, 2016
f you can get past the story which was just a little 70's horror The acting by the main character was superb. I normally am left speechless as to the acting after a movie. So many lame one trick ponies in the acting world today it really speaks volumes when one actually can do their job.
January 2, 2016
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
December 12, 2015
Not bad. Revenge could have been better. Think a lot of it been cut out as it was on TV.
First one is better.
½ November 3, 2015
seriously a definite top 10 worse movies ever made, just pathetic
½ October 12, 2015
Don't get me wrong it's a terrible movie, but I was mildly entertained.
½ October 11, 2015
who's Katie? the girl in the first one was Jennifer something, right?! soooo... evidently this isn't a continuation of her story. this is more of a remake then it is a sequel since it's basically the same exact movie only different characters in a different country. except it's worse. if you want a good revenge story, the first one is much better. i didn't really like this one.
½ September 11, 2015
Not bad. Pretty brutal.
August 6, 2015
I was thoroughly entertained by this movie. As disturbing as the content of the movie was it was a solid movie. Very gory and violent and makes you uncomfortable. The pacing was great and you really felt empathy for her.
½ July 11, 2015
Occasionally surpasses the gritty fear factor of its predecessor. It's the same premise in a different environment, and I think it was pulled off as well as it could have been. A pleasant surprise for a revenge flick sequel.
June 11, 2015
Thoroughly unpleasant and wholly unnecessary sadomasochistic horror/thriller. Far too exploitive to genuinely assess its horrifying subject matter and far too gritty and brutal to have any fun with. The fact that someone even wanted to franchise the idea of I Spit on Your Grave is in-and-of-itself repulsive.
February 22, 2015