I Spy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Spy Reviews

May 11, 2019
Funny and entertaining. Eddie Murphy got all the smooth talking smarts needed in the industry.
March 4, 2019
Eddie Murphy has done some many funny comedies especially in the 80's and his stand up specials Delirious and Raw were hysterical. Owen Wilson also has done some very funny movies as well but I Spy was not so funny. There is hardly any chemistry between the two but the only part that I found funny was how Eddie Murphy played Bill Cosby's character considering Bill Cosby hated his dirty stand up but now we all know who the dirty comedian really was.
January 17, 2019
I really enjoy the dynamic of Owen Wilson and Eddie Murphy, Owen has this sort of laid back comedy style while Eddie is more in-your-face. Together they create a perfect composition, like peanut butter and jelly. The movie is definitely funny, and Kelly Robinson is by far one of my favorite film characters of all time, but the overall plot is definitely WILD so I can't actually give this anything higher than a 3. This is one of those great guilty pleasure films for me that I'll watch on a rainy Sunday afternoon when I'm really bored.
November 2, 2018
No idea why this got such bad ratings. They need to make a sequel to this great gem while Wilson and Murphy are still alive.
½ June 30, 2018
Why would a defense grade, cloaking stealth aircraft spring a fuel leak from small arms fire??

NO HOVERGEL!!!! STOP THE DIRECTOR!!!
February 12, 2018
Actually indifferent, but apparently you can't just clear a selection on RT so this was least misleading.
January 2, 2018
this movie is hilarious. very similar to rush hour but made before it. funny (and implausible) premise executed well. (about 3 viewings)
½ October 8, 2017
Criminally underrated comedy that features a hilarious turn from Eddie Murphy.I love Kelly Robinson!
½ August 29, 2017
Good action. Funny.

Long winded sometimes. Professional boxer is asked to serve his country with an inept secret agent.
May 4, 2017
A major stinker. Not that I expected much from a pairing of Owen Wilson and Eddie Murphy, but they could have done better than this. (First and only viewing - 9/9/2014)
½ April 30, 2017
4/30/2017 (2): An ok movie at best. A really good cast, but not all that funny.
½ March 26, 2017
Betty Thomas delivers a pure formatted product with very little surprises on the directing part. Eddy Murphy's does what he always does, screams and shout and appear full of himself. Owen Wilson is ok but has little material to play with. The film is based on the popular 60's TV show and you can see here and there little nods to it. Unfortunately this is a very forgettable film that could have been made for television. The situations are cliches, the humor a little below the belt and the overall projects feels lazy and unkempt. Definitely not my type of films.
February 19, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
½ December 27, 2016
By watching the series on which this movie is based, Eddie Murphy appears to put himself in Bill Cosby's place more than in Robert Culp's.
jamrcla
½ July 28, 2016
Another cheap American spy comedy that's not funny, Has poor action scenes and a plot that's been done before too many times, Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson do well working off each other but it's only Eddie that makes this film just about watchable.
January 31, 2016
Flat jokes, clichéd writing, Owen Wilson's cluelessness and Eddie Murphy's obnoxiousness makes I Spy just another crappy tv show adaptation.
October 27, 2015
I spy with my little eye...........a really bad movie.
October 19, 2015
A decent action comedy. I laughed quite a few times and the plot was fast paced. Eddie Murphy made the movie watchable but believing that Owen Wilson is a spy is a stretch.
½ October 9, 2015