I Still Know What You Did Last Summer Reviews

• Oct 27, 2019

Not as enjoyable as the first one. It suffers from diminishing returns. There was no need for this sequel and it showed. They tried to stretch this out to be way longer than it needed to be and it showed.

• Sep 07, 2019

Despite Jennifer Love Hewitt's rather good performance, Brandy's likability as a supportive friend of hers and the occasional thrill, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer remains content to rely on predictable plot beats (including a twist that's there for the sake of having a twist), rehashing elements from the first film and not being very eventful. Simply put, it really shows that this movie didn't have the same writer from the first film and three out of four Scream movies.

• Aug 12, 2019

That. Was. Terrible. Who read this script and thought this was a good idea? Terrible everything. Enough said. 0.5/5

• Jul 14, 2019

I know, unfortunately, that it couldn't get any better! In the second part, from this teen slasher variant, Julie gets strange messages again, which immediately reminds her of the hookman. Surely Julie is not believed and despite any suspicion that the killer is back on the road, she decides to go on holiday with her friends, on a paradise island. The that of course later stacks the corpse bags there makes Julie even more stupid. It doesn't matter if the scenario takes place in a small town or on a South Sea island, it remains unspectacular anyway. The film has been cranked up according to scheme F and the whole story is completely unmotivating. There is no point in rushing attractive young actors through the rain, even though you know that there will soon be another dead man. The story remains lame and you wait in vain for the story to gain pace. The old guards, such as Love Hewitt and Prinze Jr., promise nothing new in their role. Even the new, running teammates Brandy and Phifer, do not bring any new impulse. One is actually glad that after a long back and forth, finally comes to the end. One only hopes that no one remembers the summer, what they and everyone else did. Conclusion: Normally the second part is faster and more superior. But here we worked with a fixed handbrake!

• Jul 11, 2019

Terrible sequel to a movie I haven’t even seen yet. Pure cringe of a movie.

Terrible sequel to a movie I haven’t even seen yet. Pure cringe of a movie.

• Jul 06, 2019

A rare sequel that improves on the original. Plus Freddie Prinze Jr is even more delightfully delectable. If that were even possible.

• Feb 23, 2019

I still know what you did last summer is one of my fav horror sequels itâ(TM)s so suspenseful and all the characters are badass. One of my favorite scenes is whenever the killer chase Karla

• Dec 29, 2018

This is a movie that tried to be scary but ultimately became the exact opposite. This poorly made follow up to the hit 1997 slasher film "I Know What You Did Last Summer" is only notable for how utterly ridiculous it is. As in the original film, Jennifer Love Hewitt's acting is solid, but this time it's wasted on a cliche, unimaginative, illogical, and beyond cheesy script. The writers were aware that with the fisherman killer's identity being revealed at the end of the last film, this one wood loose the mystery element. So what did they do? They worked in a "big reveal" for the ending, and God did it suck. Nothing sums up this film better than its title. Cause if you think about it, the first film mostly took place a year after the summer our four main protagonists hit and supposedly killed a stranger on the street, hence the title, "I Know What You Did Last Summer." Now that's all well and good, but then we get to the sequel, which takes place a year after the original. So shouldn't this have technically been called, I Still Know What You Did Two Summers Ago?

• Nov 04, 2018

"I Still Know" won't come off as legendary as the predecessor, but it's still damn fun with a great cast, especially returning stars Love Hewitt and Prinze Jr. But it's Pop star Brandy Norwood who is the breakout here.

• Oct 26, 2018

Much of the same as part 1 except not as "cute" or appealing. Many of the characters over-acted, making their characters come across as obnoxious. The twist wasn't that surprising. Just an overall very bad movie. The only highlight is Jennifer Love Hewitt.