I Walk Alone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Walk Alone Reviews

July 16, 2015
very good suspenser and first pairing of Lancaster & Douglas
September 22, 2012
"I Walk Alone" is an adequate film noir -- nothing too outstanding to make it worth remembering, but nothing so bad that it feels like a waste of time. Carefully plotted but blandly acted, "I Walk Alone" unravels in the same manner as most noirs, twisting and turning upon the actions of each character. Byron Haskin's direction is sufficient enough, but Lizabeth Scott underacts in most of her scenes and Burt Lancaster is either miscast or simply not believable. Kirk Douglas provides a deliciously snake-like performance, but even he cannot overshadow the bad acting of the film's leads. In the end, "I Walk Alone" isn't excellent cinema, but it works well for what it is.
September 7, 2012
Overall, a good film but it has a few bone-headed moments--Enjoyable battle of wits between gangsters!!
½ July 27, 2012
I Walk Alone is a daunting noir movie, which is basically great, because of the effective acting skills shown by Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas. Every one of their heated encounters is mesmerizing in all of its intensely gripping style. While the story about disloyalty, greed and redemption is truly appealing, this climatic noir doesn't stand out in the genre.
½ June 21, 2012
This is a classic old time movie. I really love watching Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas. They were the greatest.
December 21, 2011
Good noir that is more fortunate to have a solid cast then what it actually delivers. Burt Lancaster is a man who's served 14 years for a crime that really should have been served by Kirk Douglas returns for the 50% that he rightfully sees fit to be his even if he has to muscle to get it. Lizabeth Scott is the attractive pawn who ends up being Lancaster's love interest by the end. Although I would have been happier if this was a little more underbelly the players serve it well especially Douglas. A crook that gone legit but still screws you over, fixes the books & resorts to murder just to protect his interests. There are better films of this ink but the performances make you glad you invested your time & makes you forgive its flaws
½ September 8, 2011
A really good intense drama between two friends.
September 4, 2011
Predictable and not very well written, but superbly acted!
jjnxn
½ November 15, 2010
The actors are better than the script in this conventional noir. The story is a standard double cross scenario but if you're a fan of either Lancaster or Douglas or both this rarely shown drama will offer a glimpse of them at the beginning of their careers and both display the movie star charisma that put them on the map.
May 9, 2009
come and see by yourself