I Walk the Line - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Walk the Line Reviews

½ November 5, 2016
Gregory Peck stars as a small town sheriff who starts an affair with Tuesday Weld ... the teenage daughter of bootlegger Ralph Meeker. He's dissatisfied with his job and family life with wife Estelle Parsons and wants to run off with Weld, but the whole affair might just be a ploy by Meeker to get Peck to shield him from a revenue agent who's been snooping around town. A film that's a little slower paced than it needs to be, but is well worth a look for it's terrific cast and authentic southern locales. Charles Durning also appears as Peck's sleazy deputy. The film is named after the Johnny Cash song and several Cash songs form the soundtrack.
January 3, 2014
Johnny Cash's song sets the tone. Tuesday and Gregory are subdued and great actors. The atmosphere of the hillbilly town and area is perfect. Great elements make a great movie.
March 12, 2013
at first i was apphrensive about what seems to me to be a more low budget movie but what drew me in was gregory peck and must say the story is solid and i was pleasantly surpised.
August 28, 2012
Just amazing and honest and heartbreaking. How is this not universally watched and lauded?
½ January 27, 2012
Pretty good film about obsession. Gregory Pecks character goes truly mad during the film. Something Different from Frankenheimer.
July 11, 2010
just ok wanna be smokey & the bandit
November 19, 2009
i really love this movie
½ September 3, 2009
Crazy story about a cop that falls for this girl whose family makes moonshine. He is stuck between doing his job and having a relationship. As he tries to hide her family, he finds it gets harder and harder to do. In the end, things don't turn out the way he was hoping. I was disappointed in how the movie was ended.
April 30, 2009
I highly recommend anything w/ Gregory Peck, but this gem is a little on the obscure side. Great soundtrack by Johnny Cash. Tuesday Weld is looking good, complete w/ her little gap-toothed smile before she had the unmitigated audacity to have it 'fixed'.
First viewed on late-night TV in the 80's (a 1970 film), I've never forgotten it: Upstanding small-town Sheriff is lured to the Dark Side by a family of moonshiners...and that gap-toothed smile. Damn the luck!