I Want to Marry Ryan Banks (2004) - Rotten Tomatoes

I Want to Marry Ryan Banks (2004)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

I Want to Marry Ryan Banks Photos

Movie Info

Former Beverly Hills 90210 costars Jason Priestleyand Emma Caulfield are reunited in this frothy made-for-cable romantic comedy. Priestly plays Ryan Banks, a once-popular movie actor whose career is in the toilet, not only because of bad role choices but also because of his unsavory reputation as an irresponsible womanizer. In hopes of revitalizing Ryan's career, his manager and best friend Todd Doherty (Bradley Cooper) comes up with an inspiration: A network reality show called "I Want to Marry Ryan Banks", in which the title character will live in the same house with 15 attractive young women, all of them prospective brides. In fine Mark Burnett tradition, one of the female contestants will be voted out each week by the viewers, with the winner chosen by popular demand. The girl who seems to have the inside track is blue-collar Charlene "Charlie" Norton (Emma Caulfield), who has entered the contest because she needs the prize money. Complications arise when, as the series draws ever nearer to its conclusion, Charlie balks at the notion of wedding Ryan Banks, only to be told that if she doesn't, she'll be sued within an inch of her life--and making things even stickier, Todd Doherty has fallen in love with Charlie himself! Produced for the ABC Family channel, I Want to Marry Ryan Banks was first seen on January 18, 2004.

Cast

Brenda Crichlow
as Ellen Carter
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for I Want to Marry Ryan Banks

There are no critic reviews yet for I Want to Marry Ryan Banks. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for I Want to Marry Ryan Banks

½

Cute! Cheesy at times, but I enjoyed it.

Erin Collins
Erin Collins

An interesting movie! Cute.

Leo L
Leo L

I Want to Marry Ryan Banks Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss I Want to Marry Ryan Banks on our Movie forum!

News & Features