Ice Age 2: The Meltdown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ice Age 2: The Meltdown Reviews

August 18, 2016
While not terrible by sequel standards, it sure didn't bring much to the table. I barely seemed to have remembered it outside of Scrat. Passable.
½ August 10, 2016
A franchise was inevitable following Ice age's success and for the most this is a good enough companion though it's clear that some of the magic has been lost. That said there are some particularly touching scenes including one where ellie finally discovers her truth, and good story arches for most (except perhaps diego, learning to swim really does lower his cool factor from the first film). The finale manages to raise the stakes to make this a satisfying film for most.
August 4, 2016
This was my favorite one
August 3, 2016
This sequel sacrifices it's story; which was one of the main ingredients that made it's predecessor so successful, for superficial humour and impressive animations. All in all I would still recommend this as good family fun.
August 1, 2016
almost better than the origanal
½ July 30, 2016
7/29/2016: A decent movie. Not has funny as I hoped though.
July 27, 2016
Not as good as the original, but was a pretty good sequel with awesome (and upgraded) animation, new and interesting characters, solid story, and having funny moments.
July 27, 2016
While this sequel isn't quite as good as the first film especially story and heart wise it does have better animation and is still pretty funny. The original cast here is still great.
July 25, 2016
While the score, Scrat segments, and animation gained a significant boost in quality, Ice Age 2's story and major departure in tone make this fun adventure inferior to the original film.
July 12, 2016
The meltdown is fun, amazing animations, but it doesn't have a impact in story. However it makes it up with great entertainment, for everyone.
½ July 11, 2016
es buena,pero no tanto como la 1,mi ranking de peor a mejor de las peliculas de ice age contando lo cortos:
1-ice age 1
6-ice age 4
7-easter egg island
8-ice age 5
½ July 1, 2016
glorious sequel!! as fun as the original and all the scrat scenes are really hilarious.
June 27, 2016
Not as good as the first movie but still has good animation and some fun moments to spare.
June 23, 2016
Como secuela, captura la esencia de su predecesora. Sin embargo, se puede notar una carencia de profundidad en la historia, la cual decide ir por el camino sencillo.
June 6, 2016
Dull beyond belief follow-up to the only fairly good original. About 95% of the running time is just the central animals walking about from one place to another, it's like the Lord of the Rings...Zzzz. My son lost interest frequently as well...don't think we'll be watching the remaining 20-odd films in the franchise. We're out.
jamrcla
June 5, 2016
A very good and funny sequel that keeps the series fresh but yet again it's Scrat who steals the show and in all honesty if he wasn't in these films maybe Ice Age wouldn't be as big as it is.
May 4, 2016
I really enjoyed this as a kid.
½ May 3, 2016
160503: Great film because it has great characters, great art, great humour and a great story.
April 29, 2016
Lacks absolutely everything that made is predecessor enjoyable
½ March 29, 2016
Ice Age 2 takes a huge step down from the first movie and let me down, the first one was my favorite movie as a kid.