Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012) - Rotten Tomatoes

Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)

TOMATOMETER

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: Ice Age: Continental Drift 3D has moments of charm and witty slapstick, but it often seems content to recycle ideas from the previous films.

Ice Age: Continental Drift Videos

Ice Age: Continental Drift Photos

Movie Info

Scrat's nutty pursuit of the cursed acorn, which he's been after since the dawn of time, has world-changing consequences - a continental cataclysm that triggers the greatest adventure of all for Manny, Diego and Sid. In the wake of these upheavals, Sid reunites with his cantankerous Granny, and the herd encounters a ragtag menagerie of seafaring pirates determined to stop them from returning home. -- (C) Official Site

Watch it now

as Ariscratle
Show More Cast

News & Interviews for Ice Age: Continental Drift

Critic Reviews for Ice Age: Continental Drift

All Critics (131) | Top Critics (28)

...everything I liked about the original movie has been worn down.

Full Review… | August 3, 2012
indieWIRE
Top Critic

Yes, this is the part where I outsource my critical role to my children. If you are the kind of person who (quite understandably) abhors this particular gimmick, you may wish to stop reading now.

The Atlantic
Top Critic

The best bits are basic and all but voiceless: those Scrat-intensive set pieces, still inspiredly squirrelly if much too far apart.

Village Voice
Top Critic

These films are generally good at being good enough, and the fourth installment, Ice Age: Continental Drift, doesn't deviate from that modest tradition.

Film.com
Top Critic

In the end, this latest "Ice Age" movie is about as surprising and unpredictable as a glacier. And not much more fun.

Newark Star-Ledger
Top Critic

Whenever I watch an "Ice Age" movie, I understand how my mother felt whenever I zoned out in front of the television after school.

Newsday

Audience Reviews for Ice Age: Continental Drift

This unnecessary fourquel was obviously conceived to make (more) money only, with an uninspired story that is dull, unfunny and full of the lamest clichés about the "value of family" - and Scrat is the only thing that still works, even if in homeopathic doses.

Carlos Magalhães
Carlos Magalhães

½

Sure, the creator's are struggling more and more with adding even more supposedly quirky characters, when the first film worked so great with just four. The attempts to copy current youth culture are also quite annoying. But you know what? Some of the jokes and ideas are still really funny and the film jumps from action sequence to action sequence in really brilliantly looking animation, you just can't dislike it.

Jens S.
Jens S.

½

Well, this was cute, but not anywhere near as good as the first two. It had some really funny chuckle moments, but they were far and few between. Enough now. I will not be so anxious to watch another if they continue...

Cynthia S.
Cynthia S.

Ice Age: Continental Drift Quotes

Discussion Forum

Discuss Ice Age: Continental Drift on our Movie forum!

News & Features