Ice Age: Continental Drift - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ice Age: Continental Drift Reviews

½ April 10, 2018
opens assiduously with a rather envisioning take on insulation. but after a while it's snatched by a growing apprehension it doesn't have enough ideas to differentiate itself as an 'ice age' ornament. it's eagerly-arranged and admittedly funny, yet the franchise needs the moxie for a more serious fettle.
April 6, 2018
Changing the entire narrative from land to sea, and placing Manny and the crew in a completely out-of-the-norm environment is the best and most refreshingly different thing about (this), the fourth Ice Age movie. But you do kind of have to admit as the series progresses, that it is becoming increasingly reliant on it's own personal humor and slapstick. And that without Scrat's world-changing antics the series would have already died with the last installment.
March 28, 2018
Entertaining, but not so much as before
March 27, 2018
Definitely not as good as the previous three films but it still has charm.
March 24, 2018
Ice Age: Continental Drift sinks the franchise to a lower point, proving that not even good animation, charm and a talented voice cast can do much about a poorly written story.
March 19, 2018
the film lost its original charm
½ February 22, 2018
Maybe it was my low expectations but I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Admittedly there's nothing special about the story but the characters are a lot of fun and what is there is well executed.
August 20, 2017
They just keep making too many sequels, it gets old after the first few.
August 20, 2017
Meh, is all I have to say about it

Now stop making sequels
½ August 4, 2017
Despite it's story being tiresome and having underdeveloped characters, "Ice Age: Continental Drift" has some decent animation and some likable characters that makes up for it.
½ July 28, 2017
Ice Age: Continental Drift may not be a strictly necessary sequel but it still boasts enough of what hardcore fans of Fox's cash grab franchise have come to expect. Its story may not be terribly original and some of the humour in the main plot kinda sucks. Hell, the only reason Nicki Minaj and Drake are in it are so that they can lure tweens and young teens into seeing the movie. They don't even have a lot of lines. Yet Fox decides to put them in the "Starring" category in the posters and marketing over Peter Dinklage, Nick Frost and Aziz Ansari. The redeeming qualities are, as usual, the bright visually appealing animation and the humorous Looney Tunes-type Scrat subplot. I'm telling you, that sabre-toothed squirrel is the one thing keeping audiences who don't care about the actual plot sane throughout. That and the Simpsons short film that preceded the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if I found out the only reason this animated movie made more money than Madagascar 3, which I very much enjoyed, was because of a short film whch everyone considered better than the actual film. It still had a few entertaining sequences and Dinklage's little pirate shanty was a bit decent but with this movie, the quality of the franch-ice (ah, damn it, I did it again) slowly begins declining. Still better than Collision Course, that was when people truly had enough.
½ July 26, 2017
That's the sequel of the franchise, that altough it was entertaining enough, starts to show sines of uncreativity.
June 28, 2017
It was funny, adventurous, and the story twist of the continental drift story was amazing. It was better than its three predecessors.
½ May 26, 2017
OK, I enjoyed the first and third Ice Ages, but I did not really care for the second one, but this? Oh, my gosh, IT'S THE SECOND MOVIE ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ May 24, 2017
Wow! This installment to the 'Ice Age' Franchise was a very remarkable experience for me, in which I found some really important messages being conveyed to the audience. It was silly, funny, unique & beautifully presented.
Therefore, I think this animation is an ideal choice not only for entertainment, but also to educate people about the importance of family and looking out for each other.
May 3, 2017
Ice Age 4 offers the same with some nice animation, but a story and characters that have been done in other films (Heck,mostly from their own!)
The Burning Medallion of badness has been given.
Story:2|10
Animation:7|10
Characters:3|10
Overall:4|10.
April 22, 2017
4/16/2017 (2): Ok at best. Scrat provided the only laughs in the flick.
April 9, 2017
There where funny moments but not as good as I hoped and thought
February 23, 2017
I doubt this boring film
February 9, 2017
Oh yeah this Franchise is still a Thing
and THIS TIME with Pirates, more Characters, annoying ones btw, unfunny jokes and it's Boring as crap....