Ice Age: Continental Drift - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ice Age: Continental Drift Reviews

January 26, 2019
Some funny slapstick, but way too many characters that you don't care about to keep track of.
November 5, 2018
Continental Drift is awful. Even worse than Dawn of the Dinosaurs. The writing team must've gotten even lazier. This movie has some funny parts to it, but not enough. The plot is ridiculously bad. The movie is so dumb and lame. Throughout most of the movie they're just stuck on an iceberg and a bunch of slapstick humor comes along the way and this big, ugly, mean pink-skinned ape who is a pirate wannabe and his crew are holding Manny, Sid, Diego, and the others hostage for no apparent reason. It's a forgettable movie. I didn't even make it to the end because of how dumb this sequel was.

Rating: 3.8/10
½ October 17, 2018
It's at this movie where the franchise got completely ridiculous.
September 16, 2018
No one cares. Scrat is the only good character
July 31, 2018
Fox's daring attempt to release a fourth film of the franchise engages a compelling story and tries to pass a different view of the childishness of his previous films. Even with mistakes, I expected it would be better than other attempts. Maybe innovating would be better for the producer.
July 15, 2018
Definitley not the best and rather drybut has nice animation,fast paced scenes and hilarious Scrat scenes but it's 500x better than it's sequel Ice Age:Shitision Course that's when things went REAL BAD Rating:57%
July 9, 2018
What do you need to say. Uninteresting story, characters who clearly can't adapt and evolve, tiring, monotonous action, zero originality and incoherent themes is all things that plagues this very dissappointing fourth installment in the once-beloved Ice Age franchise, at least the visuals and colors are clear and crisp.
½ June 19, 2018
6.5/10 Ice Age: Continental Drift is completely harmles, occasionally funny, and wonderfully animated, making it an okay diversion for kids.
½ May 18, 2018
Unnecessary sequel is unnecessary
½ May 15, 2018
thye JUST HAD TO BAMAke ME EFLy BACk A BillIUioN MIL:ElS With CRINGe WIth THe STEREOTypOCIASL ADD A GRILFRIEND THInG I meNA tHAT white nadngd bl ack zebra tiger things just had toie b e added toso diego can get a girfrlfriend ... why nooonoononononono as asooon as it appearead OON sCReeEN I kNoweW They werere oging ing to be forced into a relatiOANSNSHHipopp.

oh BTW it looks trash
½ April 10, 2018
opens assiduously with a rather envisioning take on insulation. but after a while it's snatched by a growing apprehension it doesn't have enough ideas to differentiate itself as an 'ice age' ornament. it's eagerly-arranged and admittedly funny, yet the franchise needs the moxie for a more serious fettle.
April 6, 2018
Changing the entire narrative from land to sea, and placing Manny and the crew in a completely out-of-the-norm environment is the best and most refreshingly different thing about (this), the fourth Ice Age movie. But you do kind of have to admit as the series progresses, that it is becoming increasingly reliant on it's own personal humor and slapstick. And that without Scrat's world-changing antics the series would have already died with the last installment.
March 28, 2018
Entertaining, but not so much as before
March 27, 2018
Definitely not as good as the previous three films but it still has charm.
March 24, 2018
Ice Age: Continental Drift sinks the franchise to a lower point, proving that not even good animation, charm and a talented voice cast can do much about a poorly written story.
March 19, 2018
the film lost its original charm
½ February 22, 2018
Maybe it was my low expectations but I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Admittedly there's nothing special about the story but the characters are a lot of fun and what is there is well executed.
August 20, 2017
They just keep making too many sequels, it gets old after the first few.
August 20, 2017
Meh, is all I have to say about it

Now stop making sequels
½ August 4, 2017
Despite it's story being tiresome and having underdeveloped characters, "Ice Age: Continental Drift" has some decent animation and some likable characters that makes up for it.