Ice From the Sun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ice From the Sun Reviews

½ October 31, 2008
I hardly ever give up on a film. This one I did. When you rely way too much on dialogue, it should be good dialogue (or at least not laughably bad) delivered by capable (or even sorta lousy) actors.
August 20, 2008
the concept was interesting. the execution was shoddy at best. i hated the soundtrack as well. this may have made a better short than a full length. the heroine was the least believable character. horrible actress.
½ May 28, 2008
ummmm...hmm...pretty campy...a little gross...anti-climactic
½ April 7, 2008
I had a hard time finishing this one. Eric Stanze is heralded as the best B-movie writer/director of our time but I have yet to see anything he has done that entertained me.
January 2, 2008
Great movie, its like Horror- Punk. A sorceror is reborn and begins to kill... people. In between the begining and the end of this movie a great tale unfolds and the brutality never lets up.
December 16, 2007
I haven't seen this one in a while, but from what I remember I was really very impressed. The low budget shows, but that just makes it all the more amazing. Gory, surreal with only a slight amount of pretentiousness. I knew when I saw this, Stanze was a filmmaker to look out for and except for one stinker, I've consistently liked his output.
½ September 9, 2007
Disturbing drama plays like an experimental film with scenes that are sometimes indescribable.
September 3, 2007
Brutal with a great story. It low budget shines through in scratchy film and iffy audio quality. But a top notch story, surrealism, and ultra brutal gore. I highly recommend this movie. An Eric Stanze masterpiece
August 14, 2007
Great indie effort from the director of Scrapbook. This flick is more ambitous than it's budget would allow. We get some very disturbing set pieces.
½ August 13, 2007
I don't know what to feel about this. It started off strong, with entertaining dialogue and some pretty disturbing stuff, and then it just kinda faultered and got corny. Decent, I guess. I'm kindof on the fence.
August 7, 2007
A totally weird, dark and dirty flick that goes NOWHERE! Try to spot my dad's name in the ending credits as a special thanks to. He actually helped make that load of crap!
½ July 23, 2007
the gore is the only reason i would even rate this movie this high. what a waste of time! pointless dialogue and a bunch of hubbub make this movie hard to sit through. it could have been a whole lot better!
July 15, 2007
If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of the plot for this film, please call 555-...
July 15, 2007
Decent 10-15 minute intro..after that you're in the long haul for alot of time wasted. 114 minutes you'll never get back.
July 6, 2007
[size=5][font=Times New Roman]The actor playing the heroine was not ready for the kind of role this could have been. She definitely has potential, but it's still under the surface as of this production. Other than that one shortfall, I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of it. Some things were cliche & cheap, but no more so than in most horror films commonly seen as "great". The rest of the acting was so much better than the heroine, that I'm not entirely convinced it wasn't deliberate. It should have been avoided either way, but at least if it was deliberate, there might as yet be some salvagable "message" to be translated from it. I don't get it if there is, but to each their own. The actress may be very good by now, I don't know - she definitely has the passion for it when she wants to, but it wasn't put to good use in this production.[/font][/size]
July 2, 2007
felt like a bad music video. Bad acting and script. Only thing that saved this film was the gore, which is pretty damn good for such a low-budget film.
½ December 10, 2006
Pretty bad, pretty terrible, pretty horrible. Do I need to say anymore then that?
November 5, 2006
Dieser B-Film hat mich total begeistert, in meinen Augen ein Geniales 8mm Meisterwerk
June 13, 2006
[font=Times New Roman][size=4]This is about the third film I have watched that comes from Eric Stanze and his crew. Things just don?t seem to be getting better I?m afraid. Truthfully, giving credit where it?s due, this one was a bit better pacing and plot-wise than [i]I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave.[/i] That?s not saying much though since that one was REALLY bad. Anyway, about THIS movie; I will admit the gore effects were not too bad in this one. Maybe Mr. Stanze should just do that (gore FX) with his crew and leave the writing and directing to others.[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=4] Although the pacing was better in this film than his other movies I?ve seen so far, there were still a lot of interest killing scenes that could have used some editing. Shots of statuary and walls and the like really go on too long and become filler rather than plot advancing or ?atmospheric.? The movie?s structuring also didn?t help it. It is basically a series of gore filled death scenes strung together by a pretty weak plot about a ?sorcerer?s apprentice? that has somehow created his own dimension. The dimension happens to look like some local woods and warehouses, but I guess you work with what you have huh?[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=4] The music score for the film is some pretty good metal tunes but it was misused in some places and effectively in other parts of the movie. This makes the soundtrack kind of inconsistent, but it wasn?t bad for the most part. The actors were obviously amateurs but a few of them held their own. Most of them either recite their lines while over emoting or under-emoting. Either way, the performances were lacking. Unless you just want to sit and watch some blood soaked killings acted out by less than average performers (and I know there are a few ?horror fans? out there that are content to do just that!) this one is not worth spending any time or money on.[/size][/font]