The Ice Pirates - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ice Pirates Reviews

½ August 23, 2016
Not as good as I remember it as a kid.
July 4, 2016
Nostalgia did not win this time
July 29, 2015
Johnny Depp could learn a thing or three
½ June 8, 2015
I'm all about this movie right now. has anything ever been more 1984 than this film? X-D
½ May 31, 2015
good sci-fi parody owes a lot to 'mad max' & 'star wars' which it borrows from liberally.
April 2, 2015
Until recently, I'd ever heard of this movie. I missed out, it is funny and worth the watch.
September 20, 2014
The film by which all other films are measured.
August 29, 2014
Silly fun, with deliberate use of low budget special effects to make it even sillier.
December 26, 2013
You can bet your bottom dollar that The Ice Pirates is one of the messiest and craziest movies out there. It's hard to believe that this absolutely bonkers Star Wars wanna-be ever made it to theaters. The movie stars Robert Urich, Anjelica Huston, Ron Perlman, Mary Crosby, and a small role for Ian Abercrombie. The latter half of the movie especially is when things go completely over the top and none of it really makes sense, especially the ending. I can't say that it's a movie that's so bad it's good. I didn't feel that way watching it, at least, but I was oddly fascinated by it. The film has a slight satirical element that's lost in the shuffle of craziness, but if you're up for something truly WTF, then you need to check this one out.
September 19, 2013
Dear God, Rotten Tomatoes has no soul. This review site is a joke and so are its reviewers. if you can't enjoy a simple, stupid comedy like this for what it is, you a hopeless snob.
September 16, 2013
One of my favorite movies as a kid.
June 21, 2013
Low-down, dirty good fun--A Campy Gem!!
June 5, 2013
though it has that one scene...
May 18, 2013
This is the funniest sci fi movie you could ever watch. The acting is excellent the plot is great and the movies got action and comedy right from the start. they even ended it so that they could be a part 2 but there never was. I can watch this movie over and over and over again. it is that good.
March 15, 2013
Fuck youz 'the critics'! I grew up with this film, I think it's great. It may be cult, but this is a solid film for anyone who is a fan of Pirates, Sci-Fi, or ...weirdly, Bruce Vilanch.
½ February 21, 2013
a guilty pleasure - classic!
½ February 20, 2013
This is a failed attempt at a "Star Wars" type movie. In reality, it's more like the lame Buck Rogers TV series.
½ January 22, 2013
A very fun 80s flick. Highly imaginative.
December 29, 2012
Greatest movie EVER!!!
½ December 21, 2012
It's really, really dumb and fun in a Family Guy kind of way. A parody of 80's pop sci-fi the film is able to make some contemporary comments on the 1980's and is just silly for 90 minutes.