The Ice Pirates - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ice Pirates Reviews

December 29, 2012
Greatest movie EVER!!!
½ December 21, 2012
It's really, really dumb and fun in a Family Guy kind of way. A parody of 80's pop sci-fi the film is able to make some contemporary comments on the 1980's and is just silly for 90 minutes.
½ December 20, 2012
Man, I must have seen this movie about a zillion times on HBO when I was a kid!
November 5, 2012
This movie is awesome. It is better than Flash Gordon and does not take itself seriously. It is a comedy and should be treated as such. Anyone panning this film has very little understanding of comedic excellence.
September 22, 2012
its one of those mindless movies that you put in and you don't have to think to much to like
September 4, 2012
A very silly, but enjoyable sci-fi comedy camp-fest. Funny :)
July 26, 2012
One of the best scifi parody - space herpes kicks ass!!
June 17, 2012
stupid movie but hillarious as heck
June 5, 2012
Pirates of the space raving about, copying Star Wars, Monty Python and occasionally some own invented fun.

This is nothing that goes down in movie history, but if you team up this with some alcohol you could be far worse off.

And if you don't watch this you will never learn of the hazards of Space Herpes or what a fightning scene in time-warp look like
May 21, 2012
Somehow there are moments of bonkers genius scrambled up in this space herpe of a film. It's like a mixture of Spaceballs and Lexx.
May 20, 2012
love the corny si-fi movie when i was a kid. still love it today.
May 13, 2012
Bizarre flick frankly, swings from kids adventure in some places to quite adult material in others. Its a full mix of 'Mad Max' 'Star Wars' 'Krull' and 'Star Trek' with 'Pirates of the Caribbean' character types at the helm. Completely hokey to the max with idea rip off's left right and centre plus a casual made for TV look.

The cast is epic (check an early Ron Perlman) but they are all let down by this weird plot that makes no real sense.
Its almost fun but a little too off the wall too I'm afraid, it tries to fit in way too much into one film and the effects are pretty dodgy as well, dodgy now and dodgy back then. I liked it as a kid but now it just seems rather stupid and cheesy, and shouldn't it be called 'The Water Pirates'?
May 8, 2012
Really wishes it was Space Balls... much of the humor is just slightly lacking but it fires so many shots enough strike to keep most 80's sci-fi fans amused at the obvious lo-fi parodies. There are a few laughs even if a few scenes are over long and Perlman fans will find his small role rather amusing.
½ April 17, 2012
This is just one big goofy movie. The plot and storyline are thin the acting is bad. But it is one hell of a funny movie. I mean the scenes with some of the robots during battle is probably worth two stars alone. So go on rent the movie if you can find it. And remember to watch out for the space herpes.
March 12, 2012
My friends and I watched this movie when it came out expecting to laugh at it for being horrible. We did laugh the entire time, but every bit of the humor was intentional on the part of the film. It was a great watch then and having just rewatched it I can say it's still a fun time.
February 18, 2012
Funny action spoof starring the late Robert Urich.
½ February 13, 2012
Klart kul scifi-komedi som kombinerar (bland annat) Star Wars, Jason and the Argonauts och Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Titelns ispirater, ledda av en Han Solo-kopia, bordar (i sin jakt pÄ den i framtidens universum sÄ vÀrdefulla isen) rymdskepp pÄ det gamla hederliga viset; de svingar sig i rep, fÀktas med svÀrd och skjuter med (laser-)kanoner. Historien spretar Ät alla hÄll, och manusförfattarna har, vad det verkar, mestadels försökt fÄ in sÄ mÄnga hÀftiga platser och varelser som möjligt i storyn. The Ice Pirates Àr inte i klass med sina tre nÀmnda förebilder, förstÄs, men betydligt bÀttre Àn den tematiskt likartade Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn, som jag utsatte mig för hÀromveckan. Noteras bör att tvÄ Äsnor och lika mÄnga vildsvin spelar oviktiga roller i filmen.
½ December 28, 2011
Ron Perlman, Angelica Huston, Max Von Sydow, John Carridine and loads of other classy folks do some serious slumming in this goofy sci-fi flick aimed at 9 year old boys. I loved this as a kid, but it sadly does not hold up today. Still, it is completely unpretentious and charming in it's own way. And Bruce Vilanch plays an alien.
November 7, 2011
irreverent, colorful, action packed, and absolutely hilarious. i love this movie.
½ November 2, 2011
Haha. Almost so bad it's good. Ends up just being bad.