The Ice Pirates - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ice Pirates Reviews

September 16, 2013
One of my favorite movies as a kid.
June 21, 2013
Low-down, dirty good fun--A Campy Gem!!
June 5, 2013
though it has that one scene...
May 18, 2013
This is the funniest sci fi movie you could ever watch. The acting is excellent the plot is great and the movies got action and comedy right from the start. they even ended it so that they could be a part 2 but there never was. I can watch this movie over and over and over again. it is that good.
March 15, 2013
Fuck youz 'the critics'! I grew up with this film, I think it's great. It may be cult, but this is a solid film for anyone who is a fan of Pirates, Sci-Fi, or ...weirdly, Bruce Vilanch.
½ February 21, 2013
a guilty pleasure - classic!
½ February 20, 2013
This is a failed attempt at a "Star Wars" type movie. In reality, it's more like the lame Buck Rogers TV series.
½ January 22, 2013
A very fun 80s flick. Highly imaginative.
December 29, 2012
Greatest movie EVER!!!
½ December 21, 2012
It's really, really dumb and fun in a Family Guy kind of way. A parody of 80's pop sci-fi the film is able to make some contemporary comments on the 1980's and is just silly for 90 minutes.
½ December 20, 2012
Man, I must have seen this movie about a zillion times on HBO when I was a kid!
November 5, 2012
This movie is awesome. It is better than Flash Gordon and does not take itself seriously. It is a comedy and should be treated as such. Anyone panning this film has very little understanding of comedic excellence.
September 22, 2012
its one of those mindless movies that you put in and you don't have to think to much to like
September 4, 2012
A very silly, but enjoyable sci-fi comedy camp-fest. Funny :)
July 26, 2012
One of the best scifi parody - space herpes kicks ass!!
June 17, 2012
stupid movie but hillarious as heck
June 5, 2012
Pirates of the space raving about, copying Star Wars, Monty Python and occasionally some own invented fun.

This is nothing that goes down in movie history, but if you team up this with some alcohol you could be far worse off.

And if you don't watch this you will never learn of the hazards of Space Herpes or what a fightning scene in time-warp look like
May 21, 2012
Somehow there are moments of bonkers genius scrambled up in this space herpe of a film. It's like a mixture of Spaceballs and Lexx.
May 20, 2012
love the corny si-fi movie when i was a kid. still love it today.
May 8, 2012
Really wishes it was Space Balls... much of the humor is just slightly lacking but it fires so many shots enough strike to keep most 80's sci-fi fans amused at the obvious lo-fi parodies. There are a few laughs even if a few scenes are over long and Perlman fans will find his small role rather amusing.