Ice Spiders - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ice Spiders Reviews

½ June 11, 2011
Another awful classic. ("Nice Rack.")
½ March 26, 2011
So dumb, can't believe I watched it
½ March 17, 2011
The best part about this movie is the title.
February 13, 2011
The title says it all. Aggressively stupid, awful special effects, and the main character is named- I swear I am not making this up- Dash Dashiel.
January 20, 2011
Typical. Bad acting, bad cgi, bad story.
January 9, 2011
This was mildly entertaining, I suppose, if you don't mind low-budget, lame horror movies. But really, it was nothing new. Giant mutated insect, animal, unidentified creature makes a buffet of everyone in sight. Ya know. Same old, same old.
October 30, 2010
Typique du genre, gave de cliches et de lieux communs, mal joue, parfois absurde : donc au final tres bon :)
½ September 5, 2010
Round friends, filcking through the channels...a film called Ice Spiders sounded better than Saturday night on the terrestrial channels!

Every now and again a low budget film comes along that sounds terrible, but actually turns out to be a hidden gem, a classic in the making...this was not one of those occasions, it sounded like it would be low budget drivel, and it was.

The acting was awful, it seemed to be full of people you'd never heard of trying to be people you have. The spiders weren't as bad as they could have been, but they weren't so bad.

Amusing in a wierd sort of way.
August 19, 2010
Beside the fact the special effects were abominable, that most of the characters were in one dimension, I found that the plot wasn't so bad build, even though, we could see where it was going.
August 17, 2010
The spiders in my bathroom are more frightening than the terrible CGI ones here.
½ July 26, 2010
This is hilarious!! 9/10 for comedic value!
½ June 26, 2010
This has got to be one of the worst B movies I've ever seen. The special effects, acting, and plot are absolutely ludicrous.
½ June 21, 2010
I wish they had a grade for SCI FI Channel movies because these would be a 5 star B rated cheesy movie. Horrible script and acting but funny and fun
½ June 6, 2010
OMG...This was the stupidest movie ever created. Do spiders really make those noises...Hmmmm, no? Lame duck syndrome...Someone should tell the director the writers and the cast that crack kills. You can't even call this a "B" movie..."
May 28, 2010
This movie is absolutely terrible, but I just couldn't change the channel.
½ April 14, 2010
This movie is great. I first saw this on the syfy network and in all honesty I hate spiders with a passion. But this movie grabbed my attention and kept my eyes glued to the screen. It had an interesting plot whereas the spiders had mutated and adapted to the rather cold climate around them. The CG spiders are decent, there not that great but there not that bad, but when movies are on syfy, you expect it. But the plot and storyline and flow keep this flick alive. I was impressed. This movie also has a great choice of its cast in where you really get a little bit of a feel for them, but the acting performance is sub par so dont expect to much. If your a sci fi fan, then this is the film for you. But if your not just steer clear of it. It takes a little bit of analyzing to really appreciate this film. But it does make you wonder how if spiders were somehow able to adapt to this colder climate, then well your just going to have to view this movie for yourself.
I give it a 90% for its decency with acting and CG animation. The plot is great to so really give this movie a try.
April 3, 2010
You can tell Ice Spiders is a Sci Fi film. It gave me chills because I HATE spiders. It's pretty interesting, too.
½ February 19, 2010
Tibor Takacs delivers another low budget science fiction movie by the name of Ice Spiders, which is just as impressive as the lame title.Giant spiders are at a ski resort. Hence the "ice" and "spiders" in Ice Spiders. Simple. Just like the plot. A secret government project has gone wrong, and the spiders are loose as well as hungry. Stupid. The first 5 minutes tells the tale of what is to come and the rest of the 85 minutes doesn't go by quick enough. Seriously, what a waste of a few dollars.The violence is bloody and graphic, which is THE ONLY highlight of this picture. The spiders do make a ton of appearances, but this isn't necessarily a good thing. Why? The visual effects stink. The more time the spiders are on screen means more time to view cheap CG.When the poor looking spiders aren't stinking it up, the low level acting is. The cast just does not have it in them to put on any decent performances and the crappy dialogue doesn't help either. Watching all the characters is just plain irritating.All that is left to say is to skip this piece of garbage and move on to something else.