Icebreaker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Icebreaker Reviews

March 8, 2016
Dumb low budget spy/action movie, but done in a way that's fun and amusing. Bruce Campbell is obviously the major appeal here, but the other characters can be fun at times. But it is stupid here and there, no matter which way you put it.
½ September 11, 2015
ok actioner but reminded me of that stallone movie, 'cliffhanger"
January 3, 2014
For a made-for-t.v. movie, this is pretty good. A must-see for any Bruce Campbell fan. He plays a terrorist with nothing to lose. Although, I'd love to see a version with the weak romantic subplot cut out.
September 26, 2013
It's Diehard... with Sean Astin... and Bruce Campbell... and snow. It's ok.
July 5, 2013
Campbell and Astin are funny going up against one another and the the movie is mildly entertaining.
January 22, 2013
There's a reason this is as made fun of as it is. Campbell is completely two dimensional, but not for lack of trying; his backstory is actually used to kill a comrade-in-arms. Sadly, genuinely clever bits like that are in rare excess, because the script is full of lines and moments that were probably thought to be really good... and just aren't. The editing and directing are horrid and show how a movie with three strong talents and plethora of resources can go so very wrong.
April 15, 2012
Only saved by the wacky performance of Bruce Campbell as a terrorist mastermind who takes over a ski resort for some reason. Astin really fails as a hero type and can't carry the action scenes with any degree of realism. The plot and dialogue is silly and the action TV grade so I wouldn't go in expecting much and you might have some fun.
½ May 20, 2010
Bruce Campbell's bored out of his mind, Sean Astin tries but has nothing to do. But how one of the villian dies is hysterical
½ July 13, 2009
People say action movies are supposed to be viewed with your brain turned off. I have a feeling that if you turned your brain off while watching this the lack of inhibition that would entail would cause you to become a mindless hulking violent juggernaut who would stop at nothing until all involved in the making of this movie are dead.
July 11, 2009
June 4, 2009
Like this movie, can't say why though. *lol*
May 20, 2009
Cheasy, boring stinker.
May 11, 2009
I watched this movie because of Bruce Campbell. That has been the case for every movie Bruce Campbell has been in except maybe Spider-man 1 and 2, but those aren?t his movies. In this one, he is great as the shaven head villain. Every scene and bit of dialogue he does is great ? except the end. A great Bruce Campbell movie.

Almost everything else about this is crap. Unlike Cyborg Soldier (review earlier), where despite the lack of imagination in the script it seems enjoyable enough, this script actually shows some imagination but the execution of it stinks. It makes most of it unbearable. And I didn?t think that Sean Astin should be a lead, but he works as the sort of wimpy-wanna-be-hero ski bunny. Ski bunnies can be men, right? OK, he?s a paramedic. Or sometime. The movie doesn?t elaborate on that or if Bruce Campbell?s villain is sick, terminal, crazy, gay, anything. It?s all not too clear. Plus, didn?t anyone tell them that the underground railroad wasn?t underground?
April 28, 2009
a group of terrorists show up at the Killington Ski Resort in Vermont. while the cover and plot sound action packed, it was just really boring and had bad jokes in it.
½ March 14, 2009
I Actually Had A Lot Of Fun With This. Bruce Campbell Is Great As The Perennial Bad Guy. Yes, It's Bad And Cheesy, But That Makes It Just That Much More Awesome.
September 25, 2008
Bruce! ;) I love him.
August 8, 2008
I don't recall anything particularly exciting in this movie outside of Bruce. He puts up another great performance; shame it's in a bad movie. He is the sole reason to watch. Oh, the ending is terrible. Bruce... boom!
March 26, 2008
I loved it...Bruce Campbell at his finest, he plays an excellent bad guy. Good story, great scenery, its an all around fun movie...
½ March 16, 2008
Bruce and Stacy's first crapfest together. Boy, did I have a rough go staying awake during this one. Granted, I was sick when I watched it, but I think this film may have gotten me sicker.
Also, Bruce plays a villain!
½ February 14, 2008
"Samwise Gamgee with a gun!" Me and my friends said that upon seeing the cover. And it's so bad that it's actually awesome. Bruce Campbell is great stuff as the evil terrorist who takes over the ski resort.