Idiocracy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Idiocracy Reviews

May 19, 2017
This movie was was brilliantly written and way ahead of its time. I feel this movie depicts the exact direction we're taking as a society. Its predictions are so close to society today that you almost don't like to like this movie as much as you do.
April 19, 2017
great movie. very funny and a completely different and interesting idea taken in all the right directions. tons of memorable scenes. we can see so many of the things in the movie progressing in that direction in real life (4 viewings)
½ April 15, 2017
Some pieces are an interesting glimpse at the future, but the same joke is repackaged continually.
April 2, 2017
Comedy, documentary, or cautionary tale? Not subtle or slick, just brutally funny and heartbreakingly accurate.
March 27, 2017
Very funny if just as immature, this is about as good as a movie based on the internet's view of humanity is going to get.
½ March 24, 2017
Idiocracy is not supposed to be a documentary. And yet, in the years since it has come out, that appears to be what it has become. To watch this movie is not to simply watch its events, for to do so would be to miss its point entirely. Rampant consumerism, the dumbing down of America(be it via technology or the ability to learn), and much more are under attack. The performances by the actors dig deep into the overall message of the film, and cannot be overlooked. Without their dedication to the roles, the message would be lost. Instead, you have a masterpiece that, in the years since, has become a shining example of life imitating art. The rule of dumb is the reality in the film, just as it continues to seep its way into the halls of real government. We are to learn lessons from this film, and to stop the craziness before stupid is all we are left with.
½ February 25, 2017
3 1/2 out of 5 stars! This was a pretty funny and creative film. Unfortunately, it hits a little too close to home now, living in Trump's idiot America. It's an exaggeration of course, but we are actually not so far off from this type of future becoming true. In many ways our present is already like this. We better set things straight ASAP to avoid anything even close to this horrific future from becoming a reality. Trump and his supporters have brought us one giant leap closer. We now must summon the best in all of us to fight back the stupidity with intelligence and logic.
February 23, 2017
Scarily prophetic and uproariously hilarious. This movie should be shown in schools as a frightening example of how scary ignorance really is.
½ February 18, 2017
now it makes sense , right ?
February 9, 2017
Almost a great satire, but it's as if the life was drained from it. There's clearly some clever writing gone into it, but each time it's about to build on itself, instead it does the very thing it's supposed to be satirising, and dumbs back down again! Plenty of social commentary, but the big message has been comprehensively stifled.
January 20, 2017
An illiterate blowhard pro-wrestler becomes POTUS in a dumbed-down future This seemed pure fantasy in 2005, but has turned into reality in 2017. This is a MUST SEE !
January 8, 2017
Hilariously Satirical!
December 18, 2016
How did I miss this B-Movie masterpiece from Mike Judge, the creator of Beavis & Butthead?! Great satire on the current state of America's corn-syrup-fed masses.
December 1, 2016
dreary, boring, lifeless.
November 20, 2016
The first 15 minutes were funny. Then the rest they exaggerate too much and it gets really gross from there that it becomes unwatchable. This movie gets 1 star though because the beginning was good!
November 8, 2016
A pretty good documentary. 11/8/2016
½ October 31, 2016
Very Funny pop corn film, nothing serious, just laughs (or is it?)
October 18, 2016
Funny, watch it on a Tuesday night
October 16, 2016
10 years later, still hilarious and more prescient than ever.
September 27, 2016
How did Mike Judge see today?