Idiocracy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Idiocracy Reviews

September 27, 2016
How did Mike Judge see today?
½ September 23, 2016
With an absurdist premise that only seems to become more prophetic as time goes on, writer/director Mike Judge's 'Idiocracy' is a criminally overlooked comedic satire. Luke Wilson and Maya Rudolph both give worthy performances as Joe Bowers and Rita, two average people from 2005, left far from home in an anti-intellectual dystopian future. Mike Judge's incredibly dumb, intentionally banal script works perfectly, as viewers witness the frighteningly stupid and hypersexualized world, 500 years in the future.

Final Grade: A
½ September 23, 2016

Final Grade: A
September 22, 2016
The jokes may not always hit, but they aren't always supposed to. Idiocracy stands in my book as one of the greatest precautionary tales of all time.
August 20, 2016
The perfect movie for present day America.
July 4, 2016
It's crazy to think how much this movie is becoming a reality.
½ June 27, 2016
I like the concept of this movie, but it is so stupid, I cannot bring myself to ever finish watching this.
June 25, 2016
Good idea but there was way too much stupidity. I'm sure that this will actually happen if God doesn't smite everything by then.
June 20, 2016
Funny but unsettling too.
June 19, 2016
It's true to life 10 years later.
½ June 6, 2016
Ten years later this goofy film becomes a documentary. Mike Judge is a prophet.
½ June 2, 2016
What a fascinating documentary of the post-effect of the 2016 election.
½ April 8, 2016
The hilarious premise for this black comedy is equally funny and frightening.
April 8, 2016
its sad because its all becoming true
April 4, 2016
What could it be considered a failed film by Fox became a cult film, this satirical film about a future where humanity go back in the evolution path.
March 26, 2016
A terrifyingly real glance at our future.
½ March 22, 2016
Interesting take on the dumbing down of our country.
March 16, 2016
Yup, this is pretty much our future.
½ March 13, 2016