Idiot Box - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Idiot Box Reviews

½ July 5, 2015
More tragedy than black comedy, but a good Aussie example of the genre.
November 5, 2012
Considering that this movie boasts the talents of Ben Mendelsohn, Jeremy Sims, John Polson, Susie Porter and many other well known Australian actors, I expected more. A dark comedy about two bored unemployed friends, Kev and Mick, had some great moments but was way too predictable. The scene where Kev and Mick rob the guy in the koala outfit is absolutely priceless though!
½ June 6, 2012
Excellent movie. Slightly dated direction, editing, and soundtrack, but excellent acting from all involved. Slightly absurdist, slightly existential, and very Australian.
½ December 18, 2010
Hilarious and gritty. A classic (and under-rated).
August 5, 2010
This movie straight from Australia follows two friends who dont work and more or less cause trouble almost like the Aussie beavis and butthead but this movie isn't a comedy its a gritty drama when the two of them sick of watching crime movies all day decide to commit a crime of there own and rob a bank of course all doesn't always go as planned in films like this and it leads them both to a very tragic conclusion . Overall this isn't a bad movie by any means but its gonna take a certain taste to wanna sit threw it i enjoyed it but just wouldn't recommend it to just anyone
½ February 22, 2010
Hilariously funny Aussie "Fuck-up" movie. Really well made, good cast. "Oi, I'll show ya a trick"
½ November 23, 2009
a few good moments in an otherwise not really great film. david ceasar like to talk himself up which make's his films seem even less impressive. good actors get some crappy dialogue to work with.
November 14, 2009
90's style australian meh.
½ October 8, 2009
Well..a pure Aussie classic. With classic scenes like the cokaburra charity bucket robbery fight scene and lines like "I've had a longer piss than that.." it is hard to believe that you can find anything funny from an ocker since bonny doone and the Castle? Highlighted with supurb acting and a snap shot of surburban Sydney life in a newly formed society in a low to middle (questionable) class of living which makes you wonder why it doesn't happen more often with better planning, better luck and even maybe more success than the comedic ending. You don't have to be a South Pacific native to enjoy this one. But it helps.

From your arch rival cousin from next door
Senor Kiwi

PS I am a Kiwi so cannot give it the full 100
½ December 11, 2008
Good Aussie Drama With Some Classic Lines. So Much Male Bravado. Don't Let It Go To Your Head Now..Boys, Beer & Bullshit. I Am. You Are. We Are Australian.
May 5, 2008
the only good thing, is the spoken aussie style.
March 21, 2008
Awesome! Enough said!!
January 4, 2008
funnyest aussie movie ever. hilarious, watch it and try and tell me you cant relate. " come on mate fuck off, this is our robbery" cinematic genius.
December 6, 2007
I didn't really like the ending. I seems like it just came way too fast and so much happened at once. The best part (that I thought was best, anyway) was when they stole the bucket from the 'koala'. That just made me laugh hysterically!
December 6, 2007
November 25, 2007
One of the best Australian movies ever. Gold.
November 20, 2007
"I've got a poem for ya. "You are an idiot, You are a bitch, You shit me to tears, ...I'm goin' down the pub.""
November 12, 2007
Love it, Love it, Love it!!
½ November 2, 2007
fucking classic mate!
½ October 20, 2007
very accurate portrayal of this life