Idole instantanée - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Idole instantanée Reviews

September 14, 2012
It's a lighthearted comedy about four archetypes of female finalists (all of them played by Claudine Mercier, somehow like Michel Cote plays the four protagonists in Cruising Bar 1 and 2 (Menard 1991; Cote et Menard 2008) ) in a singing talent reality show taking place in Montreal. The acting performance is outstanding. The social commentary about the heavily commercial and artificial nature of reality tv, and the shallow harshness of the showbusiness industry at large, is everywhere, but rather subtle (unlike in Stardom (Arcand 2000) ).
September 4, 2009
Un drôle de satire envers la télé-réalité. Pas toujours drôle, mais toujours divertissant.
½ June 15, 2008
Un commentaire sardonique sur le phénomène de la télé-réalité... plusieurs instants de rire garantis!
January 28, 2008
Approche originale et honnete du phenomene de la tele-realite.
July 26, 2007
Claudine Mercier est génial et la film assez comique.
June 15, 2007
Génial, Louise Turcot est super!
½ June 10, 2007
I wonder, sometimes, if there are people outside of Quebec who have a fetish for these movies. I mean, some people have heavy obsessions for specifically foreign films, but Quebec comedies have a habit of being very tacky, and this tacky kind of humour is generally very well received locally. But I wonder, I really wonder, who else is watching these. The movie feels like somewhat of a lackluster, but that fact is critical to the movie's sense of ridicule that it must maintain.

Idole Instantanée is a satire on reality TV, specifically, Star Academie, which is the french spinoff of American Idol. It's not just a spoof on these types of shows and it's participants: it's also about the snotty cast and producers, the crazed opinionated fans of the show and the personal lives of the participants.

In this case, all four participants to this singing talent show, are the same actress who embodies four stereotypical characters: the slutty rocker mother of three, the silent and geekish girl from a paranoid family, the always-smiling I'm-not miserable single chick, and the blond bombshell who's controlling mother dreams of being popular via her daughter's fame.

Through this avalanche of theatrical exagerrations, social commentary slowly creeps it's mandatory way in. The ridicule portrayed by the movie is only second to how ridiculous people really get about these shows: the finger is pointed at you.
December 10, 2006
Not a very good movie. I wouldnt ever watch this movie again.
½ August 22, 2006
Vive les films qui rient de la télé-réalité et de cette merde qu'est Star Académie...
½ June 27, 2006
C'est une belle vision qu'a ce film envers les Télé-Réalité du genre Star Académie. C'est vraiment bien réalisé, j'ai vraiment aimer ce film-là malgré la présence un peu trop accru de Claudine Mercier.