If Lucy Fell - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

If Lucy Fell Reviews

September 10, 2016
A fun hidden treasure of the 90s featuring Sarah Jessica Parker. An expected comedy of laughs. Dont expect much and then youll find urself pleasantly surprised :)
½ June 25, 2013
Generic and uninspired, If Lucy Fell is stereotypical rom-com tripe. The story follows two friends that make a death pact to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge if they haven't turned around their romantic fortunes in 28 days. Starring Sarah Jessica Parker, Eric Schaeffer, Ben Stiller, and Elle Macpherson, the cast is fairly good and gives decent performances. But the writing is extremely poor, and is just one cliche after another. If Lucy Fell is a by the book romantic comedy that has some charm, but no originality or heart.
½ December 3, 2012
This movie was SO bad that I had to rewind and skip through to confirm that they WEREN'T siblings. David had come home and said, "what are you watching?" I said, "A brother and sister make a suicide pact if they didn't find love by a specific birthday." then all of a sudden they were a romantic couple....wow! Guess the chemistry just wasn't there and the storyline was ... well it's been done before....it's been done to death! This movie brought nothing new to the table. Flop. Sorry Sarah.
November 21, 2012
Ben Stiller is hilarious in this, lol! It?s a total chick flick, but there?s something so great about such films from the 90s :) i just love them!
October 2, 2012
IM a big fan of the flick but not many people have seen it.
October 2, 2012
IM a big fan of the flick but not many people have seen it.
September 1, 2012
Very young Scarlett Johansen is in it which was funny. SJP looks the same.
April 16, 2012
Odd movie- but for some reason I just love it.
November 17, 2011
I know it's not a great movie, but this is one i used to have on VHS when it first came out and just loved, so I have good memories of it, which have probably sent the rating up a star it doesn't deserve!
I recently picked it up on DVD after not seeing it in years, and still love it, even though I can see it is a bit silly in hindsight. This is a really nice role for Sarah Jessica (particularly when you look at some of the movies she is picking these days. Geez!). I also didn't realise a very young Scarlett Johansson is in this too with a small part!
Elle McPherson plays the same vapid pretty girl she always seemed to play around this era of her career (as with her character on Friends, I think was around the same time). Pretty face, wooden acting. Really not a fan, funny you don't see her these days. But I guess she suits the shallow Jane here.
Eric Schaffer as Joe is not all that well cast, actually kind of weird. (I think written that way, though). Still not annoying enough to put me off the movie! Also worth a look for a younger Ben Stiller - also better than anything he has been in recently (Fockers, anyone?).
Just a sweet, romantic little story which is a bit quirky. Undemanding viewing.
½ September 17, 2011
way to predictable, I enjoyed seeing a young SJP, Ben Stiller and a kid verison of Scarlett Johansson, but the story line was pretty dull.
½ February 13, 2011
...daa-a....if u like the actors....
February 11, 2011
My all-time favorite romantic comedy. Lovely characters, interesting idea, funny dialogs and a nice cast.
November 11, 2010
I remember liking this back when it first came out and I'm glad I caught it again. It is pretty cute and charming but totally a chick-flick because there is no gd way any man would trade one night with Elle Macpherson for a shot with Sarah Jessica Parker.....no man in his right mind that is.
October 3, 2010
Brilliant and wonderful. Can't see it enough.
½ July 22, 2010
A very funny film - my first introduction to Eric Schaeffer - he kills me. Ben Stiller actually plays a role that he was suited for (perhaps his best ever IMHO)
July 11, 2010
Not really that great. Kind of a 'Reality Bites' wannabe.
June 21, 2010
It would hurt.Ouchhh!!!!!!!!!
Naughtia
½ May 15, 2010
Lucy has a terrible dull lovelife and lives as a single woman together with her roommate Joe. Lucy and Joe are best friends so they agree to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge if either of them aren't in a committed relationship within a month. This movie wasn't the best I've seen and it wasn't the worst either. Ben Stiller's character was hilarious and extremely weird in this movie and it gave a lot of laughs. This movie has a lot of talented actors in it and I thought this was what made the movie much better than it was.
February 16, 2010
The guy was just too weird, and SJP is just not attractive to me. Ben Stiller was good though.